1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Mac user

Just curious if there is any way to flash a ROM with Mac. I have s-off cid 11111111. Eragon ROM. Trying to get back to stock or 4.4.2 gpe. Either way I can't find anything on YouTube or Google.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

Default Re: Mac user

Yeh but it's a little bit tricky... You would have to check xda forums for good help... And even then it's kinda sparse...

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    13,914 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by chad rodgers View Post
    Just curious if there is any way to flash a ROM with Mac. I have s-off cid 11111111. Eragon ROM. Trying to get back to stock or 4.4.2 gpe. Either way I can't find anything on YouTube or Google.

I agree it can be tricky. It's mainly due to Apple and Android not playing well together.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Seems nearly impossible. I haven't tried a PC. I assume that's a cakewalk? I could probably borrow one.

Global Posts
    13,914 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Seems nearly impossible. I haven't tried a PC. I assume that's a cakewalk? I could probably borrow one.

Haven't rooted an HTC, but general rule is Android likes Windows better than Apple. Is it possible to get a dirt cheap laptop, so you don't have to worry about borrowing a PC for HTC uses?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Look here

Also you can put the RUU in your fastboot folder rename it to rom, put the phone in fastboot usb mode in the bootloader, Open a terminal from the fastboot folder and type these cmds

fastboot oem rebootRUU
    fastboot flash zip rom.zip
    fastboot flash zip rom.zip
    fastboot reboot

I am using a Mac and does this a number of time without any problems. I have also got Windows installed using Parallels which I use when I need to get my phone back to normal using RUU files under windows. If you don't want to use something like Parallels you can always set up Windows using bootcamp.