chad rodgers

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Just curious if there is any way to flash a ROM with Mac. I have s-off cid 11111111. Eragon ROM. Trying to get back to stock or 4.4.2 gpe. Either way I can't find anything on YouTube or Google.

Posted via Android Central App

vsnlweb

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeh but it's a little bit tricky... You would have to check xda forums for good help... And even then it's kinda sparse...

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Just curious if there is any way to flash a ROM with Mac. I have s-off cid 11111111. Eragon ROM. Trying to get back to stock or 4.4.2 gpe. Either way I can't find anything on YouTube or Google.

I agree it can be tricky. It's mainly due to Apple and Android not playing well together.

chad rodgers

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Seems nearly impossible. I haven't tried a PC. I assume that's a cakewalk? I could probably borrow one.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Seems nearly impossible. I haven't tried a PC. I assume that's a cakewalk? I could probably borrow one.

Haven't rooted an HTC, but general rule is Android likes Windows better than Apple. Is it possible to get a dirt cheap laptop, so you don't have to worry about borrowing a PC for HTC uses?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Look here

Also you can put the RUU in your fastboot folder rename it to rom, put the phone in fastboot usb mode in the bootloader, Open a terminal from the fastboot folder and type these cmds

fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip rom.zip
fastboot flash zip rom.zip
fastboot reboot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FTQBxSSiA8

m3centurion

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I am using a Mac and does this a number of time without any problems. I have also got Windows installed using Parallels which I use when I need to get my phone back to normal using RUU files under windows. If you don't want to use something like Parallels you can always set up Windows using bootcamp.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance