Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One: How to install OTA Update? Rooted.

Could anyone explain how I can install an OTA update on a factory Sprint Rom with a rooted HTC ONE & TWRP recovery?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-15-2014 at 12:37 PM.
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Default Re: HTC One: How to install OTA Update? Rooted.

Are you s-off? if so you can flash this firmware package HERE and you have 2 choices. The full firmware package or the one w/o hboot, boot img and recovery.
    If you are s-on you will need to relock the bootloader and use the RUU thats in the same post and hope the bootloader isn't locked down until another exploit is found to root

You can flash my stock rooted rom based off the new OTA found HERE as the radio is the same one we have now.
    I will also post the stock rooted HERE

Quote Originally Posted by benny3 View Post
    You can flash my stock rooted rom based off the new OTA found HERE as the radio is the same one we have now.
    I will also post the stock rooted HERE
    I think you're saying that accepting the OTA on the phone is not an option at all if rooted.
    My (rooted) phone is showing "System update is available. Tap to download the system update" but I risk losing root and not being able to get it back if I download the update, right?
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Quote Originally Posted by SlamTheDoor View Post
    I think you're saying that accepting the OTA on the phone is not an option at all if rooted.
    My (rooted) phone is showing "System update is available. Tap to download the system update" but I risk losing root and not being able to get it back if I download the update, right?
    You need the stock recovery and software for the OTA to take. So no the OTA will not work with your setup

I was under the impression the minimum required to get the phone to OTA update is to restore the stock bootloader ([RECOVERY] Stock AT&T recovery image (m7) - xda-developers).

Is also necessary to lock the bootloader?

Beyond that, is it also necessary to run the stock RUU? If so, where can I find the an RUU for developer edition? I can't seem to locate it on [COLLECTION][GUIDE] HTC M7 RUU, OTA, and Stock Nandroid Downloads - xda-developers, and the filters on HTCdev - HTC Kernel Source Code and Binaries aren't working for me for some reason.

(currently running a stock ROM (4.1.2/1.29.1540.3), rooted, twrp, s-on)
    Last edited by tshmit1; 01-26-2014 at 07:06 PM.