Help! Bricked HTC One no rom or recovery.

klusk91

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Tampered
unlocked
m7_wls pvt ship s-on rh
hboot-1.44.0000
radio-1.00.20.0913_3
opendsp-v26.120.274.0202
emmc-boot
mar 18 2013 18:47:36:-1

I had flashed Sprint_HTC_One_Stock_Rooted_Deodexed_3.05.651.6 and wasn't feeling it so i tried installing viper one 4.2. Thats when things went downhill fast. I opened the zip through twrp 6.3.0 elected to install an update to 6.3.3 set my phone down and went to get a sandwich. i came back to a black screen with nothing else happening. waited....... still nothing. so i tried holding the power..... nothing. decided to try the bootloader. that worked so i tried entering recovery which brought me full circle to more black screen. thought to myself maybe fastboot would work so i got the all in one kit. it kept giving me a device not found message. at this point the phone was coming up as an unknown device in the manager. after several hours i got it to read as My Htc under android usb devices with these messages.

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

A request for the USB BOS descriptor failed.

I have been through forum after forum and cant figure out how to make the damn thing work. tried sevel methods and ..... no. im using a windows 8.1 pc. any help would be greatly appreciated

ghostryder12

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Check out qbking77.com or search YouTube for his videos. His YouTube c has channel is qbking77. He has done a crap ton of videos for different manufacturer's phones from bootloader to rooting. He has a Sprint HTC ONE that he uses to show how... I believe he has a video for getting a bricked phone back to fixing a fkd up device.

Sent from the FBI van parked outside

klusk91

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
thanks again man but this might be a bigger problem than these fixes. In fastboot cmd it hangs saying waiting for device. when i plug the phone into the computer it say usb device not recognized. "the last usb device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and windows does not recognize it." Qbking77 also states in his video that he could not make this work on windows 8. I might just have to get a comp with windows 7 for drivers compatibility

ghostryder12

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I understand. Hope u can fine a Win7 comp. I used my wife's Win7 comp, I have Win8.1 and haven't tried to plug my One into it yet. Damn dude, good luck

klusk91

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
the drivers install but it still says the device malfunctioned, the phone dosn't show up when i cmd adb devices, and the ruu tells me to connect the usb.

ghostryder12

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
So finding a Win7 comp is still what needs to happen. From the results, it looks like the next direction?

klusk91

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Ive finished updating to the latest ota so far it recognizes the htc one in fastboot mode. looks like the last ota updated hboot to 1.55 allowing connectivity on 8.1. now off to htc dev!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae