- 3 Posts
USB Device Descriptor Missing from Device. Help Please.
Okay so I have had my phone rooted for about 2-3 months. A little while ago I accidentally deleted a file in the root directory that basically was a driver description for the USB. Now whenever I connect my phone to my computer I get a message saying that it is unidentified and that the (Device Descriptor Request Failed). Well I made a backup of my device, but the hard drive that it was on got corrupted. My phone is on stock rom rooted 4.3 with the October update. I'm using TWRP recovery. Is there a way I can have someone backup their HTC One on Sprint and for me to recover that backup just to replace the missing drivers, or what should I do?
- 01-24-2014, 05:39 PM #2
- 02-15-2014, 02:10 AM #3
- 02-15-2014, 02:42 AM #4
A clean flash would be doing the advanced wipe before flashing. This would be done by wiping data, system, cache, and dalvik cache on your custom recovery
I'd recommend doing a "clean" flash anytime you're going from one ROM to another(CM > SlimBean or Carbon > Paranoid Android, etc.), or if the ROM update is major (CM 10 > CM 11)
Sent from my XT1056 using the Android Central AppEverything in this post is 100% accurate...I think
R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
- By robert wiggins in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 03-05-2014, 05:37 PM
- By Justin Nevis in forum Verizon Droid DNAReplies: 2Last Post: 01-28-2014, 02:35 AM
- By luke31 in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 4Last Post: 01-24-2014, 10:38 PM
- By Wayne Barnes in forum T-Mobile Galaxy S3Replies: 6Last Post: 01-24-2014, 02:09 PM
- By Elysium82 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 01-24-2014, 12:08 PM