Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One Has Corrupt EMMC and Locked Out of Recovery

I have a Sprint HTC One running 4.2.2 (3.05.651.6) stock rom and TWRP recovery. It is unlocked and unrooted at the moment. It randomly took a nose dive the other day and has been stuck in either boot loop or bootloader/ fastboot usb. If I try to reboot, reboot-bootloader, factory reset, lock the bootloader, etc it boot loops on the white htc screen.

I have tried to flash the recovery again and erase cache with no luck. I've tried to flash a stock rooted rom using RUU and fastboot with no luck, it just boot loops.

I have had extensive help from @benny3 and we can't figure this out.

I found these links to be insightful and possibly a fix but to repair the EMMC if that is the issue, I first need to get my recovery up and running.
    Android Revolution HD | Mobile Device Technologies: How to: fix a corrupted DATA partition on the HTC One
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49965919

Any ideas on how to do this since it seems that my recovery is corrupt because I can't get into despite flashing CWR and TWRP (I can't overwrite TWRP).
    Last edited by jondon156; 02-01-2014 at 06:10 PM.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: HTC One Has Corrupt EMMC and Locked Out of Recovery

Here is a link to our thread of what we tried if anyone is willing to help:
    HTC One: Stuck in Bootloader and Can't get into Recovery. HELP!!

i just got mine out of a boot loop. basically what happened to me i installed arhd 51 with clock work and checked some options that i guess i need s-off for. this is how i got stuck.
    had to reflash recovery with teamwin and re install arhd 51 with no extra features. and kept s-on the way it was. im going to have to wait or down grade to get s-off
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by pojobrown View Post
    i just got mine out of a boot loop. basically what happened to me i installed arhd 51 with clock work and checked some options that i guess i need s-off for. this is how i got stuck.
    had to reflash recovery with teamwin and re install arhd 51 with no extra features. and kept s-on the way it was. im going to have to wait or down grade to get s-off
    the problem is I never installed any rom such as arhd 51 in order for my phone to get messed up, thats the weird part. It was fine on the way to school, then I pulled it out of my pocket and it was dead. When I booted it up it was in a boot loop. I've tried ref lashing recovery multiple times and erasing cache but no luck.