Turning s-off on HTC one from twrp

LoadedZen

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Check out this toolkit. It'll give you everything you need. |TOOL| HTC One Toolkit [M7] ? v3.1.2 - xda-developers

If you are looking for a rock solid Google Play Edition ROM, I'd recommend one that's actually being developed on. I'm personally a fan of Android Revolution HD (there is a Sense and GPe version).

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Yea i just realised that i didn't have the right version of twrp (have 3.0 instead of 3.3) for the rom so i think that's the problem instead of s-on or do you need that off as well?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yea i just realised that i didn't have the right version of twrp (have 3.0 instead of 3.3) for the rom so i think that's the problem instead of s-on or do you need that off as well?

Since you're already going to use the toolkit then doing S-OFF would be recommended.

mcox1124

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
You need s-off for 4.4 GPe. I believe the minimum TWRP requirement for KitKat ROMs is 2.6.3.3, so your version should be fine. I wasn't even aware there was a version 3.0... You might want to double check that before you flash a new ROM.

Last edited:

LoadedZen

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
You need s-off for 4.4 GPe. I believe the minimum TWRP requirement for KitKat ROMs is 2.6.3.3, so your version should be fine. I wasn't even aware there was a version 3.0... You might want to double check that before you flash a new ROM.

Yep says right here v2.6.3.0. I'm going to use odin for get v2.6.3.3 and i'll use your toolkit link to get the s-off

mcox1124

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a Mac, too, but ended up having to use Windows (the humanity!). If you have Windows set up on Boot Camp, Parallels, or other VM, that will be sufficient.

There are ways to do it using the Terminal but that is a bit beyond the effort I was willing to put into it.

LoadedZen

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I haven't tried this, so I can't validate it works, but it's worth checking out. [Guide] Vomer's Ultimate AIO - S-OFF, SuperCID, Firmware Upgrade & Custom Recovery - xda-developers

I'm so stupid, i just realised that i forgot to mention that my internal storage is wiped and i only have twrp, cwm and the zip for me to flash. Therefore i cannot connect to use the toolkit (I found a pc to use), is there another way that i can turn s off or is there a way to connect?

mcox1124

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm so stupid, i just realised that i forgot to mention that my internal storage is wiped and i only have twrp, cwm and the zip for me to flash. Therefore i cannot connect to use the toolkit (I found a pc to use), is there another way that i can turn s off or is there a way to connect?

I'm not sure. I think you are required to have an OS installed. Just download and flash a Sense ROM via ADB, and you should be fine. Once that is installed, follow the guide and once you have achieved s-off, you can then flash the GPe.

Also, not sure how you could have TWRP and CWM. Either will work, but I recommend TWRP over CWM.

mcox1124

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site

Also, if I remember right, you need to have either 4.1.2 or 4.2.2 Sense ROM for this to work. I used Maximus since there are older versions floating around out there. Google away!

mcox1124

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Need sense 5.5 for the toolkit to work?

No. You just need an older Android version as mentioned above, and it has to be one with the Sense framework. Make sure you install 4.1.2 or 4.2.2. Not a later version or it won't work.

LoadedZen

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
No. You just need an older Android version as mentioned above, and it has to be one with the Sense framework. Make sure you install 4.1.2 or 4.2.2. Not a later version or it won't work.

Dam i forgot to revert back to 4.2.2, how can i do this?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463