Results 1 to 23 of 23
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mcox1124
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Turning s-off on HTC one from twrp

    Hi i'm currently have no os on my Htc one and want to flash it with but i have s-on and dont know how to turn it off for the flash. The phone is rooted and unlocked and any advice would be appreciated.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Turning s-off on HTC one from twrp

    Check out this toolkit. It'll give you everything you need.

    If you are looking for a rock solid Google Play Edition ROM, I'd recommend one that's actually being developed on. I'm personally a fan of Android Revolution HD (there is a Sense and GPe version).

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    LoadedZen likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Turning s-off on HTC one from twrp

    Quote Originally Posted by mcox1124 View Post
    Check out this toolkit. It'll give you everything you need.

    If you are looking for a rock solid Google Play Edition ROM, I'd recommend one that's actually being developed on. I'm personally a fan of Android Revolution HD (there is a Sense and GPe version).

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Yea i just realised that i didn't have the right version of twrp (have 3.0 instead of 3.3) for the rom so i think that's the problem instead of s-on or do you need that off as well?
  4. #4  
    Kevin O'Quinn's Avatar
    AC Team Emeritus

    Posts
    8,720 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,897 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Turning s-off on HTC one from twrp

    Quote Originally Posted by LoadedZen View Post
    Yea i just realised that i didn't have the right version of twrp (have 3.0 instead of 3.3) for the rom so i think that's the problem instead of s-on or do you need that off as well?
    Since you're already going to use the toolkit then doing S-OFF would be recommended.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Turning s-off on HTC one from twrp

    You need s-off for 4.4 GPe. I believe the minimum TWRP requirement for KitKat ROMs is 2.6.3.3, so your version should be fine. I wasn't even aware there was a version 3.0... You might want to double check that before you flash a new ROM.

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mcox1124; 02-09-2014 at 01:19 AM.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Turning s-off on HTC one from twrp

    Quote Originally Posted by mcox1124 View Post
    You need s-off for 4.4 GPe. I believe the minimum TWRP requirement for KitKat ROMs is 2.6.3.3, so your version should be fine. I wasn't even aware there was a version 3.0... You might want to double check that before you flash a new ROM.

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Yep says right here v2.6.3.0. I'm going to use odin for get v2.6.3.3 and i'll use your toolkit link to get the s-off
    Thanked by:
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Turning s-off on HTC one from twrp

    Quote Originally Posted by LoadedZen View Post
    Yep says right here v2.6.3.0. I'm going to use odin for get v2.6.3.3 and i'll use your toolkit link to get the s-off
    Good luck!

    I'll add one caveat... It's not my toolkit, but I am a happy user!

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Turning s-off on HTC one from twrp

    Wait theres no mac version is there something else i can use
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Turning s-off on HTC one from twrp

    I have a Mac, too, but ended up having to use Windows (the humanity!). If you have Windows set up on Boot Camp, Parallels, or other VM, that will be sufficient.

    There are ways to do it using the Terminal but that is a bit beyond the effort I was willing to put into it.

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Turning s-off on HTC one from twrp

    I haven't tried this, so I can't validate it works, but it's worth checking out.

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
  11. #11  
    benny3's Avatar
    Flashoholic!!

    Posts
    1,535 Posts
    ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

    Default Re: Turning s-off on HTC one from twrp

    Quote Originally Posted by LoadedZen View Post
    Yep says right here v2.6.3.0. I'm going to use odin for get v2.6.3.3 and i'll use your toolkit link to get the s-off
    Odin is for Samsung devices not HTC .



  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: Turning s-off on HTC one from twrp

    Quote Originally Posted by mcox1124 View Post
    I haven't tried this, so I can't validate it works, but it's worth checking out.

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    I'm so stupid, i just realised that i forgot to mention that my internal storage is wiped and i only have twrp, cwm and the zip for me to flash. Therefore i cannot connect to use the toolkit (I found a pc to use), is there another way that i can turn s off or is there a way to connect?
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Turning s-off on HTC one from twrp

    Quote Originally Posted by LoadedZen View Post
    I'm so stupid, i just realised that i forgot to mention that my internal storage is wiped and i only have twrp, cwm and the zip for me to flash. Therefore i cannot connect to use the toolkit (I found a pc to use), is there another way that i can turn s off or is there a way to connect?
    I'm not sure. I think you are required to have an OS installed. Just download and flash a Sense ROM via ADB, and you should be fine. Once that is installed, follow the guide and once you have achieved s-off, you can then flash the GPe.

    Also, not sure how you could have TWRP and CWM. Either will work, but I recommend TWRP over CWM.

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Turning s-off on HTC one from twrp

    Quote Originally Posted by LoadedZen View Post
    I'm so stupid, i just realised that i forgot to mention that my internal storage is wiped and i only have twrp, cwm and the zip for me to flash. Therefore i cannot connect to use the toolkit (I found a pc to use), is there another way that i can turn s off or is there a way to connect?
    Also, if I remember right, you need to have either 4.1.2 or 4.2.2 Sense ROM for this to work. I used Maximus since there are older versions floating around out there. Google away!

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: Turning s-off on HTC one from twrp

    Quote Originally Posted by mcox1124 View Post
    Also, if I remember right, you need to have either 4.1.2 or 4.2.2 Sense ROM for this to work. I used Maximus since there are older versions floating around out there. Google away!

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Need sense 5.5 for the toolkit to work?
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Turning s-off on HTC one from twrp

    Quote Originally Posted by LoadedZen View Post
    Need sense 5.5 for the toolkit to work?
    No. You just need an older Android version as mentioned above, and it has to be one with the Sense framework. Make sure you install 4.1.2 or 4.2.2. Not a later version or it won't work.

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default Re: Turning s-off on HTC one from twrp

    Quote Originally Posted by mcox1124 View Post
    Also, if I remember right, you need to have either 4.1.2 or 4.2.2 Sense ROM for this to work. I used Maximus since there are older versions floating around out there. Google away!

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Hi i sideloaded and then flashed the sideload.zip, but it's still not working i dont know what to do.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default Re: Turning s-off on HTC one from twrp

    Quote Originally Posted by mcox1124 View Post
    No. You just need an older Android version as mentioned above, and it has to be one with the Sense framework. Make sure you install 4.1.2 or 4.2.2. Not a later version or it won't work.

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Dam i forgot to revert back to 4.2.2, how can i do this?
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Turning s-off on HTC one from twrp

    The link you provided is for the One X. Not the One. That's probably why it's not working.

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

    Default Re: Turning s-off on HTC one from twrp

    Quote Originally Posted by mcox1124 View Post
    The link you provided is for the One X. Not the One. That's probably why it's not working.

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Do you know where i could find a link for a htc one 5.0 rom? edit: found one sorry for wasting your time.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Turning s-off on HTC one from twrp



    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

    Default Re: Turning s-off on HTC one from twrp

    Quote Originally Posted by mcox1124 View Post


    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Working
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Turning s-off on HTC one from twrp

    Quote Originally Posted by LoadedZen View Post
    Working
    Great!

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. What version of Android will come on the S5?
    By UJ95x in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-18-2014, 01:55 PM
  2. Galaxy S5, Lg G3, HTC M8, Note 4 and the Z2=A very interesting year.
    By Graeme Duncan in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-07-2014, 10:27 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-06-2014, 10:29 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-06-2014, 02:05 AM
  5. Random notifications on S4 causing loss of sanity....please help me!
    By Steve1163 in forum Vodafone Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-05-2014, 09:50 PM

Posting Permissions

B