Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cyanogenmod or Kit Kat 4.4?

I'm really new to android, but I've jail broken every idevice I've ever owned. I really like the sound of the cyanogen mod but I'm also loving 4.4 right now. I'm really interested in the customization and the better battery life, and there isn't a stable 4.4 based cyanogenmod ROM release for a Sprint HTC One yet. Should I flash it anyways?
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Default Re: Cyanogenmod or Kit Kat 4.4?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRancidKid View Post
    I'm really new to android, but I've jail broken every idevice I've ever owned. I really like the sound of the cyanogen mod but I'm also loving 4.4 right now. I'm really interested in the customization and the better battery life, and there isn't a stable 4.4 based cyanogenmod ROM release for a Sprint HTC One yet. Should I flash it anyways?
    Theres also AOKP. Omni rom and more . Check em out.....Sprint HTC One Original Android Development - xda-developers

Let me say this.

I have a Galaxy Nexus. It won't ever get 4.4, and honestly the last time it was rock solid stable (on the factory software) was 4.1. 4.2 and 4.3 had issues, and battery life took a hit each time compared to 4.1.

I've been running CM 4.4 nightlies on my Gnex almost since they were available (the first few were pretty bad but CM fixed those issues pretty quick!). I'm now enjoying smooth sailing once again, and battery life has improved a lot.

In fact, consider this: ART runtime is not officially supported by CM but they let you use it anyway (they just tell you NOT to submit bug reports if you have it enabled). Up until yesturday all releases were "nightlies", and yesturday was the first "semi-stable" build they released, called a snapshot. Plus it's 4.4 which my device will never get from Google itself. Factor all that in, and I still wind up with a devices that's MORE stable (less crashes, glitches, freezes, reboots) then running the pure stock factory software 4.3 direct from Google. If that's not testiment to CM's ROMs I don't know what would be.

Of course be sure you read up on the specifics of rooting your device. Nexus devices are super easy to root, other devices not so much!!
    "I can only see half of what's going on
    But i'm alright
    'Cause I can still smile"

Wide Mouth Mason - Smile

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

I hated Sense, and love CM. However there are missing features in CM 11 that were available in CM 10.2. You may want to try 10.2 first (I personally liked it a little better, though I suspect that those missing features will eventually be added to 11).

Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks for the input guys, but anyone notice a significant difference in battery life after switching to CM?