HTC One: How do I enable system write?

JamesMore

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I am on a rooted 4.3 AT&T HTC One but I do not have write access to the system partion. I can not install busybox and a few other Apps because of this. I am a little confused if I have to use a custom kernel or some thing.

I am also looking to enable fast charge if possible as well .

Any help you can give me on this would be great.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: How do i enable system write ?

I am on a rooted 4.3 AT&T HTC One but I do not have write access to the system partion. I can not install busybox and a few other Apps because of this. I am a little confused if I have to use a custom kernel or some thing.

Write access to a folder? You can change the permissions I believe with something like ES File Explorer or Root Browser. You just hold down on the folder you want to give write access to and change the permissions.

For fast charge, you need a custom kernel.

ghostryder12

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Make a nandroid first.
Do you have TWRP recovery? You need 2.6.3.3, not 2.6.3.4. That one doesn't play well with our Ones.

Via Operation Condor from the unmarked FBI van parked outside

ghostryder12

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I love read your post again. Here's what I'd do.
Dirty flash 4.3 again. After you're done, dl and flash TWRP recovery 2.6.3.3. After you've got TWRP recovery flashed, dl and flash the correct ElementalX kernel for 4.3. Once you flash the kernel and boot your phone, reboot it again to assist the kernel to seat in. Then try to flash busy box.
I'll try to find a link for TWRP 2.6.3.3 for you.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Are you on a custom rom? if so it should have busybox pre-installed. If not how did you install superuser? if from the market then you will need to install the binaries which can be done through recovery and then reinstall su from the market

JamesMore

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
No I am on a stock Rom

Just upgraded to TWRP 2.6.3.3 will go take a backup

Just want to tripple check I have the right kernel version I posted above

JamesMore

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Trying to download it now I went in to twrp before and clicked backup and did a backup of all partitions any thing else I need to do ?

ghostryder12

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Trying to download it now I went in to twrp before and clicked backup and did a backup of all partitions any thing else I need to do ?

Sorry dude, didn't see my phone notification.
That should do it. Now set up you phone the way you like it (if you haven't already) then back it up. Once you have that nandroid, delete the 1st on to save room.
Now you can decide what you want to do next. If anything.
I'll try to keep an eye on my phone in case you have more questions. I'm good for a couple more hours.

JamesMore

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Trying to download it now did not know the file was so big as I did try to get it over 3G oops used just about all my data and then it was corrupt any way. Trying again now.

JamesMore

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Well it downloaded over night and installed this morning. I have never installed a Rom before but what a sexy and easy to use installer.

Now able to write to system partion :)
Looks like I can now turn on fast charge from the kernel tweeks

One thing that is missing is my carrier logo (i did select it in the setup) and one silly thing would like to try and put some colour in to the battery icon.

ghostryder12

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Well it downloaded over night and installed this morning. I have never installed a Rom before but what a sexy and easy to use installer.

Now able to write to system partion :)
Looks like I can now turn on fast charge from the kernel tweeks

One thing that is missing is my carrier logo (i did select it in the setup) and one silly thing would like to try and put some colour in to the battery icon.

What ROM did you flash?

Via Operation Streamliner listening to you from the unmarked FBI van parked outside

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie