Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One: Stuck In a bootloop

Hi guys just did something real stupid ... I tried flashing the maximus1.2 custom rom and ended up stuck in a bootloop. After that i tried to flash the maximus 1.0 rom and it work again... Stupidly enough i tried to flash the maximus 1.2 rom again and this time it went back to the bootloop but however this time i can't access to clockmodrecovery to flash back to the stock rom. everytime i enter the recovery mode, it just crashes itself and reboot and enters recovery and crashes again, the cycle repeats. When i enter bootloader, somehow i can't flash back the clockmod rom cause it keep saying waiting for device. Is it possible that the device itself is bricked and no solution to this?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-21-2014 at 11:48 AM.

Global Posts
    8,743 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Try turning it off for around 30 minutes. That'll drain the capacitors, and you might be able to access recovery again
    Last edited by UJ95x; 03-21-2014 at 10:25 AM.
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Stuck In a bootloop

hmmm... battery can't be taken out cause its build in... using a HTC Butterfly S

Global Posts
    8,743 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Heng View Post
    hmmm... battery can't be taken out cause its build in... using a HTC Butterfly S
    Epic fail. Sorry about that lol
    In that case, just turn off by holding the power button and leave it off for about the same time

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    Kirill Jakonen likes this.

I should try to clear dalvik-cache. You can do it with adb if you can't access recovery. [REFERENCE/GUIDE] Everything about ADB! - Android - RootzWiki <-- look on this site for commands.

PS. Sorry for my bad english
    UJ95x likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

actually tried turning off the whole day still not working though... tried connecting to adb but it wrote waiting for device and wont load at all...

Okay :O , try to do it with fastboot [GUIDE][30/10/2013]New To Adb And Fastboot Guide - xda-developers <-- look for commands there and you need to download "adb package" to do that.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

tried already but still same result... waiting for device. But i realize my device is not recognized by the window too even after installing htcsync

When you are entering those fastboot commands, what do you do before it?

Because you are supposed to boot in fastboot.
    1) Turn your phone off
    2) Hold Power+ Volume Down (depends on your phone)
    3) Navigate to Fastboot Menu
    4) Connect USB- cable
    On PC
    5) Open command promt to adb files location (go to right folder hold Shift + press right click and choose "open command window here")
    6) Enter fastboot command
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Default Re: HTC One: Stuck In a bootloop

yepp did the same but seems that still got the waiting for devices problem

Global Posts
    4,063 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

yepp did the same but seems that still got the waiting for devices problem
    So you can boot into bootloader, correct? Can you access fastboot mode? Does the red text change to FASTBOOT USB when you connect it to a PC?
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

its does changes but only problem was that PC cannot detect it... keep stating waiting for devices in fastboot pc.
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

its does changes but only problem was that PC cannot detect it... keep stating waiting for devices in fastboot pc.
    Use a different usb cable and usb port and reboot the PC
    Last edited by benny3; 03-31-2014 at 09:05 AM.

Global Posts
    4,063 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Make sure you aren't using USB 3.0 ports.

Sent from my AT&T One X running CodefireX ROM Android Version 4.4.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

lols tried my cable on other phones can work, used usb 2.0 still same results... seems like somehow my phone corrupted, ending up the com cannot recognise it as a phone and only states my HTC in device manager. Oh btw i also tried rebooting before still the same.... If theres no solution seems like the only way is to change the motherboard then...
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Hi guys just 2 videos showing my current situation of the phone... maybe this can help you guys see whats the problem i'm having. Thanks in advance!

First link is how the phone situation is now
    Second link shows what happen when i try to flash recovery.img in back in to the phone
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Hi guys just 2 videos showing my current situation of the phone... maybe this can help you guys see whats the problem i'm having. Thanks in advance!

First link is how the phone situation is now
    Second link shows what happen when i try to flash recovery.img in back in to the phone
    Let me think about this one for a minute

Have you RUU'ed back to factory stock and start from scratch ? Thats a option. maybe not the best way to go but your phone is useless the way it is now

18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

problem is that theres no RUU for butterfly S as of now...
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

problem is that theres no RUU for butterfly S as of now...
    What is the model # and carrier I need more info than just a butterfly s. I assume its a last years variant of the htc one s

take a look....http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...15&postcount=1

20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

I'm from singapore so its starhub ( not if you guys heard about it before) model number i assume its 901S?
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Quote Originally Posted by benny3 View Post
    What is the model # and carrier I need more info than just a butterfly s. I assume its a last years variant of the htc one s

take a look....xda-developers - View Single Post - Flashable sense 5.5 and sense 5 stock roms
    Btw bro the method doesnt work... Cause my Windows detected my device but it always states that its not working properly on device manager. Therefore i cant access it using adb or fastboot. Btw mine was a clean rom installed before it became like this. S-On.
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Btw bro the method doesnt work... Cause my Windows detected my device but it always states that its not working properly on device manager. Therefore i cant access it using adb or fastboot. Btw mine was a clean rom installed before it became like this. S-On.
    So you dont have any fastboot cmds?

23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Hmmm... i have but the main problem always lies in my window recognise my device, otherwise there will be no problem flashing it... there seems to be trouble with my device when it goes into fastboot mode, my com don't recognise my device, but when its turning on it recognizes for 5 seconds lol
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Hmmm... i have but the main problem always lies in my window recognise my device, otherwise there will be no problem flashing it... there seems to be trouble with my device when it goes into fastboot mode, my com don't recognise my device, but when its turning on it recognizes for 5 seconds lol
    If you have HTC sync installed uninstall it and uninstall the htc drivers reboot the PC re install the drivers and try that. Make sure you have no other devices connected to the PC. It seems it is a drivers issue. Heres a link to the drivers
    [DRIVERS] Latest HTC Drivers [4.2.0.001] - xda-developers

25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

tried the drivers already... seems like the problem is that when its in Fastboot, Its not recognised, Its ok bro i think it is safe to determined that my phone is gone, and that the only way to fix it is changing its motherboard
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast