Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to Unroot Sprint HTC 4.4.2??

I'm trying to unroot my HTC one for an exchange but I rooted my device I installed TWRP v2.63.0 and heres my info M7_WLS PVT SHIP S-ON RH, HBOOT-1.56.0000, RADIO- 1.00.20.1108, OPEN DSP- v32.120.274.0909, OS - 4.06.651.4, this would be my first time unrooting (sorry for format I was writing this from my tablet)
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Default Re: How to Unroot Sprint HTC 4.4.2??

Quote Originally Posted by SoloBeatBoy View Post
    I'm trying to unroot my HTC one for an exchange but I rooted my device I installed TWRP v2.63.0 and heres my info M7_WLS PVT SHIP S-ON RH, HBOOT-1.56.0000, RADIO- 1.00.20.1108, OPEN DSP- v32.120.274.0909, OS - 4.06.651.4, this would be my first time unrooting (sorry for format I was writing this from my tablet)
    Go here and get the RUU, Follow the instructions in the post
    [RUU][Firmware]Sprint HTC One | 4.06.651.4 | Encrypted | Decrypted | Stock Rooted ROM - xda-developers
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hi would I be able to download the file from my phone and move it to the pc
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Hi would I be able to download the file from my phone and move it to the pc
    Yes you will be able to
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I downloaded the Ruu files and I relocked the boot loader but when I try to install ARUWizard.exe it fails and says it's side by side configuration is incorrect and see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe is there something I'm missing please help
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

I downloaded the Ruu files and I relocked the boot loader but when I try to install ARUWizard.exe it fails and says it's side by side configuration is incorrect and see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe is there something I'm missing please help
    Are you using windows 7 and did you extract the zip ?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Yes I'm using Windows 7 and extracted the zip
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Yes I'm using Windows 7 and extracted the zip
    And you do have the HTC drivers installed and you are in fastboot usb mode in the bootloader. Sorry but i have to ask...lol
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Yes I did all that but still nothing works
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Yes I did all that but still nothing works
    Flash the full firmware package thats in the same post. there is instructions on how to do it and then run the RUU
    You are using the Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_4.06.651.4_RUU.zip its the first link
    Last edited by benny3; 04-04-2014 at 01:14 AM.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

How do I make a sdk folder?
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

I learned how to make sdk folder but the Ruu doesn't finish it stops when it almost done and say successful on my computer but it still shows the black htc screen with the green bar almost finished plz respond quickly
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

I learned how to make sdk folder but the Ruu doesn't finish it stops when it almost done and say successful on my computer but it still shows the black htc screen with the green bar almost finished plz respond quickly
    The RUU will reboot on its own, The firmware zip you will need to reboot manully
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

I'm using the zip and when it shows the black HTC screen the bar on the bottom doesn't finish and when I run fastboot reboot my phone is still rooted nothing deleted and when I check the bootloader it still says TAMPERED
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

I'm using the zip and when it shows the black HTC screen the bar on the bottom doesn't finish and when I run fastboot reboot my phone is still rooted nothing deleted and when I check the bootloader it still says TAMPERED
    So you flashed the firmware ? Now run the RUU from the bootloader in fastboot usb mode. Your bootloader needs to be locked before using the RUU. Here is the cmd "fastboot oem lock" then reboot the phone back into the bootloader and run the RUU.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

I already locked my boot loader it's says relocked and RUU.exe doesn't work I'm using the full firmware zip file cause the exe doesn't work for me and when I use that the firmware it doesn't flash fully it get stuck on the bar on the black HTC with it almost done when I type the command fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

I already locked my boot loader it's says relocked and RUU.exe doesn't work I'm using the full firmware zip file cause the exe doesn't work for me and when I use that the firmware it doesn't flash fully it get stuck on the bar on the black HTC with it almost done when I type the command fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
    The firmware is just to bring your firmware up to date likt " bootloader, radio....ect " so the RUU will work. I dont know why the RUU isnt working for you. Try it on a different PC if you have access to one

i have this problem too im using win 8.1 pro i have same readout on bootloader screen as previous gentleman stated

any help would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Richard View Post

i have this problem too im using win 8.1 pro i have same readout on bootloader screen as previous gentleman stated

any help would be appreciated
    so i updated visual c++ and i run through ARUWizard.exe at the end of process i get an error saying cant communicate with device check usb cable...
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

You need to use a windows 7 or lower PC with USB 2.0 ports. USB 3.0 ports seem to be the promblem most of the time on windows 8