How to Unroot Sprint HTC 4.4.2??

SoloBeatBoy

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to unroot my HTC one for an exchange but I rooted my device I installed TWRP v2.63.0 and heres my info M7_WLS PVT SHIP S-ON RH, HBOOT-1.56.0000, RADIO- 1.00.20.1108, OPEN DSP- v32.120.274.0909, OS - 4.06.651.4, this would be my first time unrooting (sorry for format I was writing this from my tablet)

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to unroot my HTC one for an exchange but I rooted my device I installed TWRP v2.63.0 and heres my info M7_WLS PVT SHIP S-ON RH, HBOOT-1.56.0000, RADIO- 1.00.20.1108, OPEN DSP- v32.120.274.0909, OS - 4.06.651.4, this would be my first time unrooting (sorry for format I was writing this from my tablet)
Go here and get the RUU, Follow the instructions in the post
[RUU][Firmware]Sprint HTC One | 4.06.651.4 | Encrypted | Decrypted | Stock Rooted ROM - xda-developers

SoloBeatBoy

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded the Ruu files and I relocked the boot loader but when I try to install ARUWizard.exe it fails and says it's side by side configuration is incorrect and see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe is there something I'm missing please help

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the Ruu files and I relocked the boot loader but when I try to install ARUWizard.exe it fails and says it's side by side configuration is incorrect and see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe is there something I'm missing please help
Are you using windows 7 and did you extract the zip ?

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes I did all that but still nothing works
Flash the full firmware package thats in the same post. there is instructions on how to do it and then run the RUU
You are using the Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_4.06.651.4_RUU.zip its the first link

Last edited:

SoloBeatBoy

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I learned how to make sdk folder but the Ruu doesn't finish it stops when it almost done and say successful on my computer but it still shows the black htc screen with the green bar almost finished plz respond quickly

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I learned how to make sdk folder but the Ruu doesn't finish it stops when it almost done and say successful on my computer but it still shows the black htc screen with the green bar almost finished plz respond quickly
The RUU will reboot on its own, The firmware zip you will need to reboot manully

SoloBeatBoy

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm using the zip and when it shows the black HTC screen the bar on the bottom doesn't finish and when I run fastboot reboot my phone is still rooted nothing deleted and when I check the bootloader it still says TAMPERED

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the zip and when it shows the black HTC screen the bar on the bottom doesn't finish and when I run fastboot reboot my phone is still rooted nothing deleted and when I check the bootloader it still says TAMPERED

So you flashed the firmware ? Now run the RUU from the bootloader in fastboot usb mode. Your bootloader needs to be locked before using the RUU. Here is the cmd "fastboot oem lock" then reboot the phone back into the bootloader and run the RUU.

SoloBeatBoy

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I already locked my boot loader it's says relocked and RUU.exe doesn't work I'm using the full firmware zip file cause the exe doesn't work for me and when I use that the firmware it doesn't flash fully it get stuck on the bar on the black HTC with it almost done when I type the command fastboot flash zip firmware.zip

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I already locked my boot loader it's says relocked and RUU.exe doesn't work I'm using the full firmware zip file cause the exe doesn't work for me and when I use that the firmware it doesn't flash fully it get stuck on the bar on the black HTC with it almost done when I type the command fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
The firmware is just to bring your firmware up to date likt " bootloader, radio....ect " so the RUU will work. I dont know why the RUU isnt working for you. Try it on a different PC if you have access to one

Sean Richard

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

i have this problem too im using win 8.1 pro i have same readout on bootloader screen as previous gentleman stated

any help would be appreciated

Sean Richard

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

i have this problem too im using win 8.1 pro i have same readout on bootloader screen as previous gentleman stated

any help would be appreciated

so i updated visual c++ and i run through ARUWizard.exe at the end of process i get an error saying cant communicate with device check usb cable...

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
You need to use a windows 7 or lower PC with USB 2.0 ports. USB 3.0 ports seem to be the promblem most of the time on windows 8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non