Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Paul627g
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I'm Dumb. A little help?

HTC One -AT&T running android 4.3 Jellybean

I successfully rooted and have TWRP recovery. I tried flashing MIUI rom. Things seem to be going well, but it never made it past the boot animation. Unfortunately, I didn't make a backup (dumb I know) so now i'm in no man's land (I cant just go back into stock). I think the MIUI rom is supposed to be for android 4.2. I still have access to TWRP recovery so my questions are:

Is there a rom that I can flash on my 4.3 phone?
    or
    In this scenario, is there a way to go back and downgrade 4.3 to 4.2 so that maybe my rom will work?

Right now, im just stuck my TWRP

Global Posts
    30,954 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: I'm Dumb. A little help?

I am not good with HTC, but you would probably have to reflash a stock ROM in order to get the device working. When you are in recovery mode, I don't think you can move a ROM to internal storage to try to reflash.

The version of Android shouldn't really matter. As long as you can push a compatible ROM via ADB, you'll be alright. Most likely you grabbed a ROM that was either corrupted or for an incompatible carrier version.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Also, have you tried just hard resetting the phone by holding the power button until it boots?

Maybe a full wipe in TWRP?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

First I would see if you can mount your internal storage via TWRP (there is an option) and then you can throw a different (known working ROM ) on there to get up and going again.

If that isn't an option you may have to use what they call a RUU package to restore/reset the device back to working order. Sorry I don't have a link readily handy but its easily found on the net.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.