Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default First timer.

Hey guys,
    Im about to make the switch from IOS to Android, I did some research and have been saving up for a while for a new phone. I looked up the HTC one M8 and was amazed. I feel i need to change. However something else caught my eye, people have modded and hacked alot of their androids devices as they are more developer friendly then IOS. Anyways my question. I did some research and there was alot of words I didnt really understand. Where can i start to mod my HTC once i get it. Links forum posts or anything will help!

Thanks
    Luke

Default Re: First timer.

I'm a little busy right now but I'll add this, when in doubt, YouTube is a great tool. If you're stuck or are just starting out, watch a lot of YouTube videos.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    4,593 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Mccormack View Post
    Hey guys,
    Im about to make the switch from IOS to Android, I did some research and have been saving up for a while for a new phone. I looked up the HTC one M8 and was amazed. I feel i need to change. However something else caught my eye, people have modded and hacked alot of their androids devices as they are more developer friendly then IOS. Anyways my question. I did some research and there was alot of words I didnt really understand. Where can i start to mod my HTC once i get it. Links forum posts or anything will help!

Thanks
    Luke
    Hello. If you are getting the HTC One M8 then you should post here: HTC One (M8) - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

If you are getting the HTC One M7, then you are in the right thread. I have a tool for that phone here: UXToolkit HTC One M7 (Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, S-OFF)

You can unlock the bootloader, flash a recovery, root, and download files for S-OFF all with this tool I made.

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Mccormack View Post
    Hey guys,

Thanks
    Luke
    Hey Luke, if your going to start modding your htc or any android device, the best place to start is xda developers. Then YouTube, then other sites like this for more info.