Bootloader is all I have

MauMauMau

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, Noob-alert! Please let me know if I'm in the wrong place here.. I don't want to annoy you guys. :)
I got a HTC One from a friend that he bricked, at least that's what he thinks. I said I might be able to find out more and I got the phone into the bootloader with the bright light and all that.

Since I have no idea where to start and what kind of ROMs and other stuff the guy has used, I'd like some proper guidance into getting this phone into original condition, if that's still possible. He used this phone with a Canadian Rogers plan.

Recovery doesn't work. It reboots and gives me the phone icon with the red "!" triangle. My PC doesn't recognise the phone, even with HTC Sync installed.
Is factory reset a good start?

IMAG0531.jpg

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, Noob-alert! Please let me know if I'm in the wrong place here.. I don't want to annoy you guys. :)
I got a HTC One from a friend that he bricked, at least that's what he thinks. I said I might be able to find out more and I got the phone into the bootloader with the bright light and all that.

Since I have no idea where to start and what kind of ROMs and other stuff the guy has used, I'd like some proper guidance into getting this phone into original condition, if that's still possible. He used this phone with a Canadian Rogers plan.

Recovery doesn't work. It reboots and gives me the phone icon with the red "!" triangle. My PC doesn't recognise the phone, even with HTC Sync installed.

View attachment 114500

I am unfamiliar with HTC devices, but I would start with looking up how reflash a stock ROM...check out YouTube, and see what you find.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

View attachment 114500

Hello, it looks like he relocked the bootloader, hence why it says relocked at the top. What is the actual problem? Does it not boot? And your computer won't recognize the phone unless it is in fastboot. But even then, you won't be able to transfer anything.

Sent from my One XL using Tapatalk

MauMauMau

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Hello, it looks like he relocked the bootloader, hence why it says relocked at the top. What is the actual problem? Does it not boot? And your computer won't recognize the phone unless it is in fastboot. But even then, you won't be able to transfer anything.

Sent from my One XL using Tapatalk

Thanks! I found a RUU and got it to stock HTC Android. :)

Now I'm running into the issue that it's SIMlocked. Will any of the root/flash and the other shabang (Noob here...) do anything with that at all?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! I found a RUU and got it to stock HTC Android. :)

Now I'm running into the issue that it's SIMlocked. Will any of the root/flash and the other shabang (Noob here...) do anything with that at all?

No, you need to contact your carrier to give you an unlock code.

Wizzrah, Android Central Ambassador | Sent from my AT&T One XL running Karbon Kat. \(^~^)/

MauMauMau

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
No, you need to contact your carrier to give you an unlock code.

Wizzrah, Android Central Ambassador | Sent from my AT&T One XL running Karbon Kat. \(^~^)/

Thank you! Will my phone get any regular HTC One future updates when it's unlocked? Maybe (another) dumb question, but well..

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Thank you! Will my phone get any regular HTC One future updates when it's unlocked? Maybe (another) dumb question, but well..

Depends on what carrier you have.