Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bootloader is all I have

Hi guys, Noob-alert! Please let me know if I'm in the wrong place here.. I don't want to annoy you guys.
    I got a HTC One from a friend that he bricked, at least that's what he thinks. I said I might be able to find out more and I got the phone into the bootloader with the bright light and all that.

Since I have no idea where to start and what kind of ROMs and other stuff the guy has used, I'd like some proper guidance into getting this phone into original condition, if that's still possible. He used this phone with a Canadian Rogers plan.

Recovery doesn't work. It reboots and gives me the phone icon with the red "!" triangle. My PC doesn't recognise the phone, even with HTC Sync installed.
    Is factory reset a good start?

Bootloader is all I have-imag0531.jpg

Global Posts
    24,821 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Default Re: Bootloader is all I have

Quote Originally Posted by MauMauMau View Post
    Hi guys, Noob-alert! Please let me know if I'm in the wrong place here.. I don't want to annoy you guys.
    I got a HTC One from a friend that he bricked, at least that's what he thinks. I said I might be able to find out more and I got the phone into the bootloader with the bright light and all that.

Since I have no idea where to start and what kind of ROMs and other stuff the guy has used, I'd like some proper guidance into getting this phone into original condition, if that's still possible. He used this phone with a Canadian Rogers plan.

Recovery doesn't work. It reboots and gives me the phone icon with the red "!" triangle. My PC doesn't recognise the phone, even with HTC Sync installed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0531.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	228.8 KB 
ID:	114500
    I am unfamiliar with HTC devices, but I would start with looking up how reflash a stock ROM...check out YouTube, and see what you find.

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry

Global Posts
    4,593 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0531.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	228.8 KB 
ID:	114500
    Hello, it looks like he relocked the bootloader, hence why it says relocked at the top. What is the actual problem? Does it not boot? And your computer won't recognize the phone unless it is in fastboot. But even then, you won't be able to transfer anything.

Sent from my One XL using Tapatalk

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    Hello, it looks like he relocked the bootloader, hence why it says relocked at the top. What is the actual problem? Does it not boot? And your computer won't recognize the phone unless it is in fastboot. But even then, you won't be able to transfer anything.

Sent from my One XL using Tapatalk
    Thanks! I found a RUU and got it to stock HTC Android.

Now I'm running into the issue that it's SIMlocked. Will any of the root/flash and the other shabang (Noob here...) do anything with that at all?

Global Posts
    4,593 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

Thanks! I found a RUU and got it to stock HTC Android.

Now I'm running into the issue that it's SIMlocked. Will any of the root/flash and the other shabang (Noob here...) do anything with that at all?
    No, you need to contact your carrier to give you an unlock code.

Wizzrah, Android Central Ambassador | Sent from my AT&T One XL running Karbon Kat. \(^~^)/

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    No, you need to contact your carrier to give you an unlock code.

Wizzrah, Android Central Ambassador | Sent from my AT&T One XL running Karbon Kat. \(^~^)/
    Thank you! Will my phone get any regular HTC One future updates when it's unlocked? Maybe (another) dumb question, but well..

Global Posts
    4,593 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

Thank you! Will my phone get any regular HTC One future updates when it's unlocked? Maybe (another) dumb question, but well..
    Depends on what carrier you have.