Please dear god somebody help me get s-off

OneM7rooter

May 3, 2014
Visit site
HTC One (m7) on Vodafone, standard model purchased in UK

I unlocked my bootloader and installed TWRP, which I used to root with SuperSU. Root Checker app confirms I am rooted and bootloader shows *TAMPERED* (which I don't mind).

Now to get S-off!

First I installed ROM Tool Box Lite app and put revone on my SD card. I used ROM Tool Box to copy this to the data/local/tmp folder. I then used the terminal emulator to execute the appropriate command lines but on executing "./revone -P" I get the following: "revone failed ( error code = 1)"

Googling, it seems revone only works on Android 4.2 but my phone shipped with 4.3 or 4.4 (I forget) so I tried a different method...

Instead I used rumrunner: To do this I turned on USB debugging, ran rumrunner's 'soju.exe' and went through the steps in the command window. It reboots my phone a couple of times and after several minutes of working it gives: "ERROR: Run rumrunner again." Of course following this instruction only gives the same error message! I have no idea what the problem is or how to fix it, and could not find anything helpful on Google except one suggestion that you might need to re-lock the bootloader - but this requires s-off!

So now I go back to the revone method. If it only works with Android 4.2 well I'll go and get Android 4.2! I download bigxie's 4.2.2 ROM (under previous versions, at the bottom of this post since the main download is now 4.4) and flash that using TWRP. When I boot into Android I go to 'about phone' and sure enough it says my version is 4.2.2. Success! Now I can go and use revone to get s-off right? Nope! I need to install ROM Toolbox to enter the command lines, and to do that I need to sign in to the Play Store. Which requires a keyboard, but I get "Android keyboard has stopped working". When I click in a box to type it opens Emjoi where I can choose symbols, but not letters or numbers. I have tried rebooting the phone but Google keyboard crashes every time. I cannot install any alternative keyboards because that requires a keyboard!

I Google this issue of the keyboard crashing and the fix, it seems, is to get s-off! Which is exactly what I am trying to do!

Going just slightly out of my mind here. Can anyone help with either method? Or suggest a third method? I am willing to provide sexual favours.

Last edited:

OneM7rooter

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, I tried using Firewater and at the final step of the instructions I got:

whelp, this sucks, firewater can not work on your device
no amount of reflashing, retrying, or ruuing will fix...
DO NOT COME TO IRC ASKING FOR UPDATES OR ETAS!!!!!!
if we are able to fix this issue, it will be announced
bye bye.....sorry it didn't work out.

Grahams_Boy

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
HTC One (m7) on Vodafone, standard model purchased in UK

I unlocked my bootloader and installed TWRP, which I used to root with SuperSU. Root Checker app confirms I am rooted and bootloader shows *TAMPERED* (which I don't mind).

Now to get S-off!

First I installed ROM Tool Box Lite app and put revone on my SD card. I used ROM Tool Box to copy this to the data/local/tmp folder. I then used the terminal emulator to execute the appropriate command lines but on executing "./revone -P" I get the following: "revone failed ( error code = 1)"

Googling, it seems revone only works on Android 4.2 but my phone shipped with 4.3 or 4.4 (I forget) so I tried a different method...

Instead I used rumrunner: To do this I turned on USB debugging, ran rumrunner's 'soju.exe' and went through the steps in the command window. It reboots my phone a couple of times and after several minutes of working it gives: "ERROR: Run rumrunner again." Of course following this instruction only gives the same error message! I have no idea what the problem is or how to fix it, and could not find anything helpful on Google except one suggestion that you might need to re-lock the bootloader - but this requires s-off!

So now I go back to the revone method. If it only works with Android 4.2 well I'll go and get Android 4.2! I download bigxie's 4.2.2 ROM (under previous versions, at the bottom of this post since the main download is now 4.4) and flash that using TWRP. When I boot into Android I go to 'about phone' and sure enough it says my version is 4.2.2. Success! Now I can go and use revone to get s-off right? Nope! I need to install ROM Toolbox to enter the command lines, and to do that I need to sign in to the Play Store. Which requires a keyboard, but I get "Android keyboard has stopped working". When I click in a box to type it opens Emjoi where I can choose symbols, but not letters or numbers. I have tried rebooting the phone but Google keyboard crashes every time. I cannot install any alternative keyboards because that requires a keyboard!

I Google this issue of the keyboard crashing and the fix, it seems, is to get s-off! Which is exactly what I am trying to do!

Going just slightly out of my mind here. Can anyone help with either method? Or suggest a third method? I am willing to provide sexual favours.

Mate you just describe my last 2 weeks! I'm in the same boat as you though I'm on the three network. I've tried all the same things as you and all my efforts have failed so far.

HTC One M7
Android Revolution HD 62.0
Bulletproof Kernel
Viper Audio

jarrett012313

May 7, 2014
Visit site
can someone please help me i unlocked my htc one mini and i cant root it i cant enter recovery mode ive tryed over and over and nothing my unlocked bootloader is tampered atleast my phone says tampered unlocked i cant enter recovery mode it just restarts no matter what i use my hboot is 2.19 and the s-on i have a unlocked international htc one mini i think the reason i say i think is because it has at&t stock apps on it please help

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Did you install a custom recovery? If you did , are you sure its the right one, usually that happens with flashing the wrong recovery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463