Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Dire Need of Help (Potential Bricked Phone)

Okay, so my computer does not recognize my phone (at all). Yes I have tried: different cables, different ports, different computers, different drivers, etc. All I get is an error that says (Device Descriptor Request Failure).

I was flashing CM11 to my phone, but accidentally deleted all data, sys, etc.

So at this point... all I can do is boot into TWRP. I've tried to attach a USB-OTG cable and install a ROM from that, but it is not detected.

Anyone have any ideas?

Default Re: Dire Need of Help (Potential Bricked Phone)

Quote Originally Posted by Player1x View Post
    Okay, so my computer does not recognize my phone (at all). Yes I have tried: different cables, different ports, different computers, different drivers, etc. All I get is an error that says (Device Descriptor Request Failure).

I was flashing CM11 to my phone, but accidentally deleted all data, sys, etc.

So at this point... all I can do is boot into TWRP. I've tried to attach a USB-OTG cable and install a ROM from that, but it is not detected.

Anyone have any ideas?
    I have to ask, does this mean you didn't do a backup before flashing CM11?
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa

Default Re: Dire Need of Help (Potential Bricked Phone)

You don't state the environment you're doing the work in. Are the computers you're using running Windows 8.1? With the update, Windows 8 now fully validates the USB driver stack, which can result in the error you're seeing.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/usbcoreblog/...h-code-43.aspx

Avoid using USB 3.0 ports if you can; if you can't, ensure you have Intel's USB 3.0 drivers installed.