Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Paul627g
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation cannot update 4.4.2 /// red exclamation after installing HELP

cannot update 4.4.2 /// red exclamation after installing HELP

so after i finished downlaoding new update ota it brings me straight the installation. I waited and waited until the installation part is done and something hits me in the heart. Red exclamation mark came up and I couldn't do anything. Is there anyway to solve this ?

I am using HTC One M7 unlock bootloader no root nothing s on is that the cause that makes my ota update error ?

Default Re: cannot update 4.4.2 /// red exclamation after installing HELP

Yes once you unlock the bootloader it stops you from successfully being able to complete an OTA installation.

There is a few directions to go from here..

Go a step or two further and install a custom recovery and root the device and run a custom ROM.

- or -

Use an RUU package and reset the device back to stock and lock the bootloader back up to receive the OTA. Note: You will loose everything you have currently doing so.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: cannot update 4.4.2 /// red exclamation after installing HELP

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Use an RUU package and reset the device back to stock and lock the bootloader back up to receive the OTA. Note: You will loose everything you have currently doing so.
    Ok. I wil ldo this but can you tell me step by step because I am new to android and I don't really know to do things. The reason I unlocked my bootloader is because I wanted to root my device but I cannot do it by myself lol so I stop myself from doing it. ANdroid is so hard hahah. I am sorry for being picky but I really want my phone to be like stock one.

Please help me Please (!!