Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Help, I messed up my phone!!

    Hello everyone,

    I have been a long time lurking, and find this forum very helpful. I have a big problem. I have a sprint HTC one max. I had rooted it a few months ago because I wanted to use wifi teether. I could never get it to work. So yesterday I thought I would try to unroot it(because the fingerprint scanner wont work). I messed up an now my phone with only go to the bootloader screen, and the TWRP area. I have tried everything and can not get my phone to work. I have tried downloading and using multiple ruu's, but known of them have worked. I am am not a pro, I just have been following directions, but now I dont know what to do. Any help would be great,thanks!
  2. #2  
    benny3's Avatar
    Flashoholic!!

    Posts
    2,174 Posts

    Default Re: Help, I messed up my phone!!

    Quote Originally Posted by raincoathaveli View Post
    Hello everyone,

    I have been a long time lurking, and find this forum very helpful. I have a big problem. I have a sprint HTC one max. I had rooted it a few months ago because I wanted to use wifi teether. I could never get it to work. So yesterday I thought I would try to unroot it(because the fingerprint scanner wont work). I messed up an now my phone with only go to the bootloader screen, and the TWRP area. I have tried everything and can not get my phone to work. I have tried downloading and using multiple ruu's, but known of them have worked. I am am not a pro, I just have been following directions, but now I dont know what to do. Any help would be great,thanks!
    Are you s-on or s-off? If you are s-on you need to relock the bootloader and need the same firmware version you are on now or newer. You need to be s-off to use a older RUU. Put the RUU on the ext sdcard Rename it to 0P3PIMG.zip and reboot into the bootloader and it will scan and find it and ask if you want to update and yes you do
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Help, I messed up my phone!!

    Quote Originally Posted by benny3 View Post
    Are you s-on or s-off? If you are s-on you need to relock the bootloader and need the same firmware version you are on now or newer. You need to be s-off to use a older RUU. Put the RUU on the ext sdcard Rename it to 0P3PIMG.zip and reboot into the bootloader and it will scan and find it and ask if you want to update and yes you do
    Firstly, thanks for your reply. I am S on. I saved the ruu and renamed it and it did read it in the bootloader, and restarted, but it just restarted back to the bootloader screen (I relocked the bootloader). Not it wont go into recovery.
  4. #4  
    benny3's Avatar
    Flashoholic!!

    Posts
    2,174 Posts

    Default Re: Help, I messed up my phone!!

    Quote Originally Posted by raincoathaveli View Post
    Firstly, thanks for your reply. I am S on. I saved the ruu and renamed it and it did read it in the bootloader, and restarted, but it just restarted back to the bootloader screen (I relocked the bootloader). Not it wont go into recovery.
    Are you relocked now? a reboot to the bootloader required after relocking
    Reflash the recovery
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Help, I messed up my phone!!

    I did reboot, I think I am reflashing recovery wrong but I dont know how

Similar Threads

  1. International Phone On AT&T with Straighttalk
    By zacaj in forum Other US Carriers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-03-2014, 11:32 AM
  2. HELP! How much should I pay for the HTC ONE?
    By Amanda Mercurio in forum HTC One M7
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-31-2014, 11:47 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-31-2014, 11:37 PM
  4. Help...I think I killed it for Good
    By waxfetish in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-31-2014, 09:41 PM
  5. Tasker Help... Enable quiet mode but allow notification lights still?
    By jgordon00 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-31-2014, 09:15 PM

Posting Permissions