Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default sense 6 not verifying ?

My unlocked m7 will not verify and install sense 6 update ,it downloads ok then says you might have modified your phone or its not running the official HTC system ,contacted HTC they said do a hard reset which I have and still no joy , anyone out there with any ideas how to get it installed ???

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    7,399 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: sense 6 not verifying ?

Quote Originally Posted by riche-rich View Post
    My unlocked m7 will not verify and install sense 6 update ,it downloads ok then says you might have modified your phone or its not running the official HTC system ,contacted HTC they said do a hard reset which I have and still no joy , anyone out there with any ideas how to get it installed ???

Have you rooted or unlocked the bootloader at anytime? If so, then that may be the problem.

Aside from a factory reset, did HTC suggest anything else?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

It's running kikkat 4.4.2 , they asked for the imei num and said the phone is originally from hongkong region ! I had the phone as a insurance replacement and would try and keep it now and try to sort it some how . Can i tell some how if it's been rooted or if boot loader has opened ? Many thanks

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Is this suspicious ? I'm not well up on modding & flashing etc !

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sense 6 not verifying ?-6285.jpg  

Global Posts
    3,773 Global Posts
    ROM
    WDGI EX Rom v1.0

Quote Originally Posted by riche-rich View Post
    It's running kikkat 4.4.2 , they asked for the imei num and said the phone is originally from hongkong region ! I had the phone as a insurance replacement and would try and keep it now and try to sort it some how . Can i tell some how if it's been rooted or if boot loader has opened ? Many thanks

You can check in the bootloader. Turn off the phone, then hold power+vol down to boot into bootloader. To know if the phone was previously unlocked, it will say "relocked" at the top. If it is unlocked, it will say "unlocked". If neither, it will say "locked" which is by default.

If the phone was modified in any way, it will also say "tampered" below it.

After that, you can just reboot the phone to boot back up.

Sent from my One Xl using AC Forums mobile app
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

ADB Console by wizzrah. Check it out!: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sof...e-wizzrah.html

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Yes it says "relocked" so if I reboot to boot will this solve the problem or will I need to do something else ? Many thanks