Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC ONE Soft bricked. Nothing is working!

Ok So I have an HTC One m7. and I had CyanogenMod installed. Then jsut today I decided I would go back to Sense 6. So I download Android Revolution HD 71.1 for m7 install it on my phoen. Then CWM(Which I hate btw and can't uninstall no matter what I do) says your phone is not rooted would you like to root it when I click reboot phone. No matter which I click I get stuck on the HTC logo boot logo. I don't care if I lose my data or anything so I click factory reset, then wipe cache, then wipe dalvik cache. Then I get the error were it constantly says cant mount /cache or whatever. So to fix it i wipe Dalvik Cache again. Then I try sideloading ViperOne Rom. Guess what It give me *failed to write 'protocol fault <no status> *
    Then I tried formatting my data with CWM which took 2 hours and still didn't complete so I rebooted(which led to more problems) Now I cant say install from sdcard because it gives me the error E: Can't Mount /sdcard. So that means I cant adb push Viper /sdcard. I have no Idea what to do. Help me please!

That was the support I asked for on xda developers where I got very little help.
    Now I'm on TWRP Recovery. Entire SDCARD is wiped so I have no roms. When I try to sideload a Rom it gets stuck at 1% forever. When I try to adb push a file into my sdcard nothing it happens it freezes my computer. When I try to format data I get an error saying E: can t mount /cache or something like that. Any help is appreciated. PLEASE HELP

Global Posts
    899 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperOne M8

Default Re: HTC ONE Soft bricked. Nothing is working!

Before I read the last part of your post I was going to suggest flashing the latest TWRP (I am assuming you flashed the latest version?).

Are you sure you have the proper HTC drivers installed? Do you have HTC Sync installed on your computer? Stop trying to format your SD card, it's ALREADY empty, what we need to try and do now is push the ROM to your device via recovery. Try sideloading the ROM again after installing HTC Sync (or updating it to the latest version) using the known commands: "adb sideload zip rom.zip" if I remember correctly and be patient.
    HTC One M8 - ViperOne 2.3.0
    HTC One M7 - InsertCoin 4.0.2
    BlackBerry 9900
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: HTC ONE Soft bricked. Nothing is working!

It looks like my HTC Sync was out of date. I'm in the process of updating it.