Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is this 'ANDROIDUSB.sys' located in my system32 folder the reason my ADB wont connect?

Ive been trying to flash a rom to my bricked HTC but abd wont connect. at one point i was able to get to thEE point where the rom is being transferred but then, out of nowhere, it errors out. NOWW when I try and connect I get either: demon unable to start (or some shizz) or APK error.

Ive installed several adb files/android exe's (sync) .. Ive followed several instructionals from around the internet.. none have worked. Im thinking the best option would be to delete all android/adb files and start from scratch.. thing is, for one, i dont remember installing a sys file. Two, my computer is 64bit (dont know if that matters). Three, it seems my computer is referencing this system32 driver instead of the ones i want it to. wtf. help me somebody. please.
    Flashoholic!!

Default Re: Is this 'ANDROIDUSB.sys' located in my system32 folder the reason my ADB wont connect?

Do you have HTC sync installed? if you do get rid of it
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Is this 'ANDROIDUSB.sys' located in my system32 folder the reason my ADB wont connect?

Quote Originally Posted by benny3 View Post
    Do you have HTC sync installed? if you do get rid of it
    i am using windows 7. i cant get the daemon tool to run for some reason. i either get: daemon started successfully * daemon still not running * error: cannot connect to daemon OR adb server didnt ACK * failed to start daemon

i am launching the cmd from the platform-tools folder. sync is NOT installed... WHAT COULD BE THE ISSUE? ive flashed roms to several devices before.. this one included, but now it wont work.

when i submit the 'android devices' commaand in the windows task manager a second instance of adb.exe shows up. is this supposed to happen?

Is there a more responsive forum that i could go to about ADB issues?
    Flashoholic!!

The cmd should be " adb devices" How old is your sdk? If you updated lately they changed the folder where fastboot and adb is located. Its like in Build tools. I moved them back in platform-tools