HTC One M7 Softbricked

misterleroy

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey androidcentral.

So I'm a little out of my depth right now. I've managed to get my head around my own handset, a Galaxy S4, which I can now mess about with with confidence when it comes to Roms, Rooting and that kind of business (seems very easy through Odin).

Now, a colleague of mine from work has managed to Soft Brick his HTC One M7 (UK, H3G), and I volunteered to help him try and resolve that.

When it came to me, it was stuck on either the HTC Quietlt Brilliant boot logo, or if V-Down and Power was held, we could get it in to the Bootloader.

From here, I have managed to get Recovery on as that was also missing (TWRP at the moment, but CWM is also doable, I managed both).

Now I tried to side load some Roms. ALL of which have errored in their own unique ways. I've tried EXE Stock RUUs (failed, because there's already nothing on the device, and the bootloader was unlocked), I've tried ZIP stock RUUs (also failed with a plethora of reasons).

I've managed to break recovery and be forced to set them back up again.

I then noticed something about Mounting drives? So, I think I managed to repartition drives etc, but this is my main downfall, I dont really understand partitioning on mobile devices like this -- at all.

I just found this magical list of details that may help me, but right now I don't know how.

GetVar

version: 0.5
version-bootloader: 1.55.0000
version-baseband: 4A.21.3263.04
version-cpld: None
version-microp: None
version-main:
version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
serialno: ##
imei: ##
meid: 00000000000000
product: m7_ul
platform: HBOOT-8064
modelid: PN0710000
cidnum: H3G__001
battery-status: good
battery-voltage: 4337mV
partition-layout: Generic
security: on
build-mode: SHIP
boot-mode: FASTBOOT
commitno-bootloader: dirty-1a757b8b
hbootpreupdate: 11
gencheckpt: 0

I'm sorry if this is a weak *** post, I guess I should stick to meddling with my S4, but I just wanted to help a brother out and try to remedy his M7. Any pointers you find people can give? I dumped 8 hours in to this last night, researching, trying new tools, trying to learn new lingo, but all to no avail. I can't get an OS on this thing for love, nor money.

Ta androidcentral :)

misterleroy

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I've tried, but all I get in the recovery are errors about failing to mount XYZ, ZIPs being corrupt etc. :( I just don't understand enough about the HTC to succeed at this, it feels.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
To use a RUU and run the exe you need to relock the bootloader. While in the bootloader and fastboot mode and in the cmd prompt type this "fastboot oem lock" when it finishes restart to the bootloader again and in fastboot mode run the RUU

acimag

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I had similar problem relock bootloader download ruu to a Windows phone run as administrator disable antivirus and pray.

Just find the right ruu file

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae