Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Hbomber110
  • 1 Post By G2 owner
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Where is the One S luv?

I don't plan to get it, but the One S does have a lot gonig for it. Why is there no interest? I mean, a super thin phone that isn't plastic and has a cool oxidized ceramic metal build? Also has a next-gen S4 processor that is top-tier? Will be sold at a midrange price? Looks sexier than the One X? Multiple review sites claiming the One S will definitely be the most popular of the One series?
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,883 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Where is the One S luv?

Depends on what carrier picks it up over here.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

I already hates it for the low res. pentile display
    Thanked by 2:
    milominderbinde, XDCX and G2 owner like this.

I don't know if T-Mo was slated to get this but I'm not liking it as much as the X and the XL. I do realize that the XL is possibly the overseas version of the X and therefore I have said quite enough. Will post under the X thread now.
    Since 2009 - Android gadgets to date via T-Mo

Behold
    Black G1
    Purple Cliq XT
    White MyTouch 4G
    White Galaxy 2
    White BT5100 S Pen
    Titanium Tab 2 10.1
    White Note 2
    White Note Tab 10.1

ROM
    Andromadus ICS

Quote Originally Posted by katamari201 View Post
    I don't plan to get it, but the One S does have a lot gonig for it. Why is there no interest? I mean, a super thin phone that isn't plastic and has a cool oxidized ceramic metal build? Also has a next-gen S4 processor that is top-tier? Will be sold at a midrange price? Looks sexier than the One X? Multiple review sites claiming the One S will definitely be the most popular of the One series?
    Last years specs with a qhd pentile screen. Besides if your like me on T-Mobile your pissed that we only get the crappy mid ranged phone and yet again get the low end phones while every other carrier gets high quality phones with HD screens and/or quad core processors.
    Thanked by 2:
    milominderbinde likes this.

ROM
    Andromadus ICS

Quote Originally Posted by Hbomber110 View Post
    I already hates it for the low res. pentile display
    I agree completely

Quote Originally Posted by G2 owner View Post
    Last years specs with a qhd pentile screen...
    Well said.

No one dreams of owning last year's phone. You may not be able to afford more, but it is not what you hope for.
    Milo
    ← Tap Getting Started at the top of any page for help with:
    - Settings - Email - Backup Everything - Phone - Messaging - Music & Photo Sync
    - Keyboards Folders - Favorite Apps - Extending Battery Life - My Avatar
    - iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM
    If this helped, please click Thanks & Like↓
    Thanked by:
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,883 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It's a brand new Snapdragon S4 chip. How is that last years specs? Because it's dual-core? Every indication is that it performs just as well as the Tegra 3.

qHD is last year, but at least it's AMOLED. Phil said the display is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by G2 owner View Post
    Last years specs with a qhd pentile screen.
    Pfft.. that's noob talk.. based on a like and a favorite of the reply, AC needs to educate it's readers urgently (please)
    S4 is comparable with Tegra3 .. it even crushes Tegra3 at single-threaded department
    Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!

Unhappy Re: Where is the One S luv?

No SD memory slot.

Non removable battery.

I dont want an Iphone either.

I have yet to have a smart phone that I havent at some point
    had to jerk the battery out to unfreeze it.

Yes even my Amaze.

This will sell about like the Amaze.

What I want to know is where is my Nexus at T-Mobile ?

Hebrews 13:8

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

I freaking love this phone I am switching from iPhone to Android because I love the look of this phone so much. I can't wait to get this phone in my hands and try it out. The screen is a little disappointing, but I really don't care.

ROM
    Viper

I love this phone for its hardware, except the screen. I still think it's still better than having monstrous 4.7 in mini tablet in your pocket, but I'm weird like that I guess. I don't like the nonremovable battery or no sd, but that's about it. I would probably get one if it came to Verizon and I didnt just get my awesome rezound(which is probably a much better overal phone anyway, just wish it had the s4)

Specialized back, 4.3 inch sweet spot, fastest processor available, one of the best cameras on phones so far and a super amoled with decent pixel density.

I'm fairly surprised that this one hasn't garnered more buzz or attention.

Do people just automatically shy away because it is qHD and pentile? I haven't seen pentile screens but I doubt how the RGB are lined up will cause a problem....

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidBlizzard View Post
    Specialized back, 4.3 inch sweet spot, fastest processor available, one of the best cameras on phones so far and a super amoled with decent pixel density.

I'm fairly surprised that this one hasn't garnered more buzz or attention.

Do people just automatically shy away because it is qHD and pentile? I haven't seen pentile screens but I doubt how the RGB are lined up will cause a problem....
    I am on the NS4G which is really quite good on ICS. If someone would just upgrade this phone with a high res screen I would be entirely satisfied. But faster processor + bigger without higher pixel density? I'll probably just wait till next time

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

I haven't seen pentile screens but I doubt how the RGB are lined up will cause a problem....
    Its not the way they are lined up, its how they share subpixels. On my Nexus S, just by looking at a white square or a line, i can see lil dots and its very ugly

What do you mean by seeing little dots?

I have a phone from 2008 that has less than 200 ppi and I can't spot the pixels. ( I have 20/20 visions)

Hopefully qHD display+ Super AMOLED helps out, I have seen how bad pentile display looks when it is blown up through a microscope but through daily use, I don't think i will mind it or even see it

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts

You know, I think people just like to complain. I've got my first android (a WVGA Dinc2) and I'm pretty sure if I move up to a qHD display it will look nicer than my WVGA. You people have no idea what bad looks like - try a 640x480 color monitor at 14" that cost $500+ back in the 80s. Or my first laptop with blue lcd (no idea what the resolution was) with only a 720K floppy. Get real people.

Quote Originally Posted by trivor View Post
    You know, I think people just like to complain. I've got my first android (a WVGA Dinc2) and I'm pretty sure if I move up to a qHD display it will look nicer than my WVGA. You people have no idea what bad looks like - try a 640x480 color monitor at 14" that cost $500+ back in the 80s. Or my first laptop with blue lcd (no idea what the resolution was) with only a 720K floppy. Get real people.
    Agreed, its quite odd how many reviewers are saying that the qHD screen is not good and that pentile is noticeable.

Coming from a 2008 phone, qHD would be a welcomed addition and SuperAMOLED display would certainly be welcomed, haven't seen a pentile display yet but I can't imagine that it would be bothersome on a high tech display.

What do you mean by seeing little dots?

I have a phone from 2008 that has less than 200 ppi and I can't spot the pixels. ( I have 20/20 visions)

Hopefully qHD display+ Super AMOLED helps out, I have seen how bad pentile display looks when it is blown up through a microscope but through daily use, I don't think i will mind it or even see it
    Just read my post, i mean the whole post for a total of TWO sentences... I suppose your 2008 device is NOT using a pentile display.

Edit: now i just red your last post, "haven't seen a pentile display yet". Feel free to just shut up when you don't know what you are talking about.
    Last edited by Hbomber110; 04-11-2012 at 03:49 PM.

Just read my post, i mean the whole post for a total of TWO sentences... I suppose your 2008 device is NOT using a pentile display.

Edit: now i just red your last post, "haven't seen a pentile display yet". Feel free to just shut up when you don't know what you are talking about.
    What makes you think you know more about a pentile display to suggest to another to shut up about it? Granted that I haven't seen a pentile display yet but I have read many articles about it, and my conclusion is that its not as bad as people claim it to be especially when its not on a motorola device. Keep quiet if you don't have anything productive to add to this thread's topic.

What makes you think you know more about a pentile display to suggest to another to shut up about it? Granted that I haven't seen a pentile display yet but I have read many articles about it, and my conclusion is that its not as bad as people claim it to be especially when its not on a motorola device. Keep quiet if you don't have anything productive to add to this thread's topic.
    Your funny
    Let me help you

first i posted this
    Its not the way they are lined up, its how they share subpixels. On my Nexus S, just by looking at a white square or a line, i can see lil dots and its very ugly
    In english it mean that i own a Nexus S with a Pentile matrix for the Amoled screen. So that mean that i know what it looks like. Please dont try to be the smarta**. I posted something "productive" about the phone we are talking about and you replied with off topic garbage.

Your funny
    Let me help you

first i posted this

In english it mean that i own a Nexus S with a Pentile matrix for the Amoled screen. So that mean that i know what it looks like. Please dont try to be the smarta**. I posted something "productive" about the phone we are talking about and you replied with off topic garbage.
    Hypocrisy at its finest!

Telling to some one to shut up is off topic garbage, you should listen to what you write.

By the way it's you're not your, get the basics, it's embarrassing for your elitist attitude.

I've come from an iPhone 4s to my one s and the screen at first was noticeable but not bad. But now after a week of using it I don't notice any pixalation, just purse one s goodness
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,883 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Your funny
    Let me help you

first i posted this

First, this bickering is uncalled for.

Second....SEE THIS THREAD.

As it's most expensive phone in today's date...
    Harrison Ford