Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 66
Like Tree2Likes
  1. #26  

    Default Re: I have the HTC One S, you have questions -- FIRE AT WILL!

    A month ago I was sold on the Samsung Galaxy S3 (or whatever it will be called) but I have slowly changed my mind and am planning on grabbing the One S as soon as it's available. My HTC G1 "Dream" was a great phone and I'm due for an upgrade from the Vibrant. Honestly, Samsung dropped the ball so badly with the Vibrant - first with the GPS which still is dreadful and second with the lack of Android updates. This has definitely impacted my decision to go back to HTC. If it wasn't for the rabid ROM developers for the Vibrant (mine is currently on ICS Passion) I don't know what I'd do.

    Ok sorry for the rambling, now for the question. How do you think the camera on the GS3 will compare with the One S/X? The camera is the thing that really sealed the deal for me on the One S. Not just the megapixels but the speed and the 99 frame burst option. I know Samsung makes cameras too so I would expect something better than the stock ICS experience but will they be able to exceed the capabilities of this shooter?
  2. #27  

    Default Re: I have the HTC One S, you have questions -- FIRE AT WILL!

    I'm on Tmobile, and I've been dying waiting for the Galaxy Nexus...which may or may not ever come. (Yes, I know I can import it, but don't want a phone I can't even get serviced).

    So my question is, how closely can I get the HTC One S to look like stock android? What's the phone like with Nova or Apex launcher installed? The ICS keyboard someone has ported in the Play store? Can you replace the lock screen...camera app?

    If I can get this sucker close to stock, I might bite when it comes out in a few weeks. Screen wouldn't be as good as Galaxy Nexus, but camera would be better. At that point, only thing I'd be missing is free wireless hotspot, and I'd miss out on the (supposedly) quick nexus updates.

    Anyone else in the same boat? Would love to see a video of this thing turned into "stock" android as much as possible.

    Thanks in advance!
  3. #28  
    wally27's Avatar

    Posts
    66 Posts
    ROM
    2.3.3

    Default Re: I have the HTC One S, you have questions -- FIRE AT WILL!

    Did anyone do any battery test on this phone yet? Seen a bunch of test with the htc one x.. one x had a good battery life and the one s was supposed to be better?
  4. #29  

    Default

    If I get this phone for tmobile, how would it work if I needed to switch to AT&T?

    Also, thanks for the review! I look forward to the tmobile version review! :-)
  5. #30  
    masterxchief's Avatar

    Posts
    132 Posts
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: I have the HTC One S, you have questions -- FIRE AT WILL!

    Any idea if this supports USB OTG?
  6. #31  
    Alex Dobie's Avatar
    Android Central Europe Editor

    Posts
    238 Posts

    Default Re: I have the HTC One S, you have questions -- FIRE AT WILL!

    Quote Originally Posted by PapiManCT View Post
    will tmobile have pre orders for this? I want it rapido
    i need an upgrade urgent
    They should do. It's a big launch for them. We'll probably learn more at next Wednesday's launch event.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Wolf View Post
    Great job as usual guys and thanks a lot for taking the time to answer questions for us.

    Is this phone worth upgrading to from the Amaze 4G? or should I wait around for the G4X to happen?
    since you guys have more experience with releases and such... when do you think the G4X will arrive on T-mo?
    Last but not least, how much better is the camera compared to the Amaze 4G one? Thanks.
    There's always something newer and shinier on the horizon, but if you upgrade from an Amaze to a One S, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by atatistcheff View Post
    A month ago I was sold on the Samsung Galaxy S3 (or whatever it will be called) but I have slowly changed my mind and am planning on grabbing the One S as soon as it's available. My HTC G1 "Dream" was a great phone and I'm due for an upgrade from the Vibrant. Honestly, Samsung dropped the ball so badly with the Vibrant - first with the GPS which still is dreadful and second with the lack of Android updates. This has definitely impacted my decision to go back to HTC. If it wasn't for the rabid ROM developers for the Vibrant (mine is currently on ICS Passion) I don't know what I'd do.

    Ok sorry for the rambling, now for the question. How do you think the camera on the GS3 will compare with the One S/X? The camera is the thing that really sealed the deal for me on the One S. Not just the megapixels but the speed and the 99 frame burst option. I know Samsung makes cameras too so I would expect something better than the stock ICS experience but will they be able to exceed the capabilities of this shooter?
    We know nothing about the Galaxy S 3, so I can't really answer that. I'm sure it'll be a great phone when it arrives. The One S is also a great phone that's out now.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathan118 View Post
    I'm on Tmobile, and I've been dying waiting for the Galaxy Nexus...which may or may not ever come. (Yes, I know I can import it, but don't want a phone I can't even get serviced).

    So my question is, how closely can I get the HTC One S to look like stock android? What's the phone like with Nova or Apex launcher installed? The ICS keyboard someone has ported in the Play store? Can you replace the lock screen...camera app?

    If I can get this sucker close to stock, I might bite when it comes out in a few weeks. Screen wouldn't be as good as Galaxy Nexus, but camera would be better. At that point, only thing I'd be missing is free wireless hotspot, and I'd miss out on the (supposedly) quick nexus updates.

    Anyone else in the same boat? Would love to see a video of this thing turned into "stock" android as much as possible.

    Thanks in advance!
    If you want a phone with stock Android, get a phone with stock Android

    You could strip out the Sense launcher and use another keyboard, but I'm of the opinion that you should be happy with the stock experience of any phone you buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by wally27 View Post
    Did anyone do any battery test on this phone yet? Seen a bunch of test with the htc one x.. one x had a good battery life and the one s was supposed to be better?
    Battery life is pretty good. Right now mine is sitting on 13 hours with 60% charge remaining, around 1h45 screen on time.
    Quote Originally Posted by craZDude View Post
    If I get this phone for tmobile, how would it work if I needed to switch to AT&T?

    Also, thanks for the review! I look forward to the tmobile version review! :-)
    Thanks! As for how it'd work on ATT, at best it'd work badly, at worst not at all. If you're on ATT, the One X is a good bet.
    Quote Originally Posted by masterxchief View Post
    Any idea if this supports USB OTG?
    It does not.
  7. #32  
    Speedygi's Avatar

    Posts
    395 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock on all

    Default Re: I have the HTC One S, you have questions -- FIRE AT WILL!

    Other than the sleek design, I don't see myself getting this over the HTC one X... It doesn't even have NFC...

    But I know AT&T users are going to like the cheaper price point for this...
  8. #33  
    Speedygi's Avatar

    Posts
    395 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock on all

    Default Re: I have the HTC One S, you have questions -- FIRE AT WILL!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Dobie View Post
    They should do. It's a big launch for them. We'll probably learn more at next Wednesday's launch event.

    There's always something newer and shinier on the horizon, but if you upgrade from an Amaze to a One S, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

    We know nothing about the Galaxy S 3, so I can't really answer that. I'm sure it'll be a great phone when it arrives. The One S is also a great phone that's out now.

    If you want a phone with stock Android, get a phone with stock Android

    You could strip out the Sense launcher and use another keyboard, but I'm of the opinion that you should be happy with the stock experience of any phone you buy.

    Battery life is pretty good. Right now mine is sitting on 13 hours with 60% charge remaining, around 1h45 screen on time.

    Thanks! As for how it'd work on ATT, at best it'd work badly, at worst not at all. If you're on ATT, the One X is a good bet.


    It does not.
    It's going to be dual core for the HTX One X on AT&T though...there's going to be a good chance many people will simply get the One S instead...At least I would if I were on AT&T...

    Wait a minute, HTC One S doesn't support AT&T's current 3G bandwidths yet?
  9. #34  
    Explicit's Avatar

    Posts
    275 Posts
    Global Posts
    305 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP KK | FrancoKernel

    Default

    Phil,

    Based off the leaked pics and specs that we have seen, do you believe that the DROID Incredible 4G is Verizons One S?
  10. #35  
    YaSo's Avatar

    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (rooted-ish)

    Default Re: I have the HTC One S, you have questions -- FIRE AT WILL!

    After a week or so of use, how is the shell of the phone holding up, any issues with scratches or anything like that? I would like to know about both the micro-oxidation and the gradient versions. I recall in a podcast (yours or maybe someone else's) they mentioned some slight chipping or something near the microUSB port. Thanks!
  11. #36  
    live420's Avatar

    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    ROM
    ics toasti v.06/tytung r1

    Default

    You know you really didn't answer his questions you sounded like a carrier trying to prevent someone from rooting their phone, I believe that their will be lot of support htc one series I'm sure someone will port aosp, aokp or CM9 at some point just be patient their already forums for one series there kinda empty though we'll see

    Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
  12. #37  

    Default Re: I have the HTC One S, you have questions -- FIRE AT WILL!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Dobie View Post
    If you want a phone with stock Android, get a phone with stock Android

    You could strip out the Sense launcher and use another keyboard, but I'm of the opinion that you should be happy with the stock experience of any phone you buy.
    Uh...T-Mobile hasn't released a stock phone since the G2x...which they don't sell anymore. So telling me to get a stock android phone isn't helpful, not to mention it doesn't address my question.

    I want to know how the One S runs with Apex or Nova, and the ICS keyboard. Hopefully Phil will have time to try this stuff out.
  13. #38  
    Alex Dobie's Avatar
    Android Central Europe Editor

    Posts
    238 Posts

    Default Re: I have the HTC One S, you have questions -- FIRE AT WILL!

    Quote Originally Posted by Explicit View Post
    Based off the leaked pics and specs that we have seen, do you believe that the DROID Incredible 4G is Verizons One S?
    Looks like it, only with a different design and LTE, of course.

    Quote Originally Posted by yaso View Post
    After a week or so of use, how is the shell of the phone holding up, any issues with scratches or anything like that? I would like to know about both the micro-oxidation and the gradient versions. I recall in a podcast (yours or maybe someone else's) they mentioned some slight chipping or something near the microUSB port. Thanks!
    No scratches on the anodized aluminum version. Phil says his MAO version has some minor scuffs.

    Quote Originally Posted by rush420 View Post
    You know you really didn't answer his questions you sounded like a carrier trying to prevent someone from rooting their phone, I believe that their will be lot of support htc one series I'm sure someone will port aosp, aokp or CM9 at some point just be patient their already forums for one series there kinda empty though we'll see
    Rooting is great, but I think if you're buying a phone you should at least be relatively happy with the stock firmware. I've no doubt we'll see CM and AOKP on the One S in time.

    Quote Originally Posted by nathan118 View Post
    I want to know how the One S runs with Apex or Nova, and the ICS keyboard. Hopefully Phil will have time to try this stuff out.
    Yep, they work on the One S and One X just like any other ICS phone.
  14. #39  
    Speedygi's Avatar

    Posts
    395 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock on all

    Default Re: I have the HTC One S, you have questions -- FIRE AT WILL!

    Does the One S have a front facing camera, Alex?

    I know the One V doesn't have one, but does the One S have one ?
  15. #40  

    Unhappy Re: I have the HTC One S, you have questions -- FIRE AT WILL!

    Hallo Android central,

    I have a question, Why does HTC one S not come with NFC?

    Is there a way or another for not NFC enable devices to use the NFC technology?



    Thank you
  16. #41  
    Alex Dobie's Avatar
    Android Central Europe Editor

    Posts
    238 Posts

    Default Re: I have the HTC One S, you have questions -- FIRE AT WILL!

    Quote Originally Posted by Speedygi View Post
    Does the One S have a front facing camera, Alex?

    I know the One V doesn't have one, but does the One S have one ?
    It does. Basic VGA front-facing camera to the right of the speaker grille.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jutje View Post
    Hallo Android central,

    I have a question, Why does HTC one S not come with NFC?

    Is there a way or another for not NFC enable devices to use the NFC technology?

    Thank you
    My guess is the thinness of the device combined with the fact that the back is aluminum, meant there was nowhere for an NFC antenna. NFC is as much hardware as it is software so no, there's no way to enable with a software hack alone.
    Thanked by:
  17. #42  

    Default Re: I have the HTC One S, you have questions -- FIRE AT WILL!

    Phil,

    Does the bluetooth stack allow meta data to be transmitted? I'm thinking for my car here. My BB9900 has A2DP but also allows the track name, artist name, and album name to be displayed on my cars media center hub via meta data. All Android's I've tried this with allow A2DP to change tracks, but don't allow meta data to transfer.
  18. #43  

    Default Re: I have the HTC One S, you have questions -- FIRE AT WILL!

    Android Central,

    I understand that with the HTC One serie you will get 2 month free of Dropbox storage.
    My question is: when you take e picture for example does the picture get uploaded immediately to Dropbox?
    Or you have to upload it manually to Dropbox or you can set it up to upload the pictures when your device connect to a Wi-Fi connection?

    Just want to save some Mobile Data usage.
  19. #44  

    Default Re: I have the HTC One S, you have questions -- FIRE AT WILL!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jutje View Post
    Android Central,

    I understand that with the HTC One serie you will get 2 month free of Dropbox storage.
    My question is: when you take e picture for example does the picture get uploaded immediately to Dropbox?
    Or you have to upload it manually to Dropbox or you can set it up to upload the pictures when your device connect to a Wi-Fi connection?

    Just want to save some Mobile Data usage.
    I believe that's a dropbox setting, like in google+, you can tell it to upload and when.

    The dropbox app on the HTC one series isn't special...you just get 25 gigs free for 2 years I believe.
  20. #45  

    Default

    I actually don't think I've seen a pic of the behind-the-grill notification LED in action. When you get a chance....
    [SIZE="1"]Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb).
  21. #46  
    dekesask's Avatar

    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    ROM
    MIUI/MIUI v4

    Default Re: I have the HTC One S, you have questions -- FIRE AT WILL!

    I hate the term but, how future proof do you feel this phone is? I have an Incredible s and I feel like it was left behind last year, thank god for the devs out there who kept it feeling fresh. So if I get the one s (one x wont be on my carrier) will I regret it and be sad or will I scoff at the Samsung Galaxy whatever?

    Also Seeing the leak of the "Golf", is HTC going hold true to slimming down their 2012 portfolio or create more "red headed step children"?

    D
  22. #47  
    Alex Dobie's Avatar
    Android Central Europe Editor

    Posts
    238 Posts

    Default Re: I have the HTC One S, you have questions -- FIRE AT WILL!

    Quote Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
    I actually don't think I've seen a pic of the behind-the-grill notification LED in action. When you get a chance....
    See attachment
    Quote Originally Posted by deke View Post
    I hate the term but, how future proof do you feel this phone is? I have an Incredible s and I feel like it was left behind last year, thank god for the devs out there who kept it feeling fresh. So if I get the one s (one x wont be on my carrier) will I regret it and be sad or will I scoff at the Samsung Galaxy whatever?

    Also Seeing the leak of the "Golf", is HTC going hold true to slimming down their 2012 portfolio or create more "red headed step children"?

    D
    Only thing that potentially isn't future proof is the screen. Snapdragon S4 is plenty fast, and we'll see lots of high-end phones with the same chip later in the year.

    Maybe. Lots of these will be territory-specific, though. I suspect the Wildfire C will launch in Europe and nowhere else.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathan118 View Post
    I believe that's a dropbox setting, like in google+, you can tell it to upload and when.

    The dropbox app on the HTC one series isn't special...you just get 25 gigs free for 2 years I believe.
    Correct
    Quote Originally Posted by Jutje View Post
    Android Central,

    I understand that with the HTC One serie you will get 2 month free of Dropbox storage.
    My question is: when you take e picture for example does the picture get uploaded immediately to Dropbox?
    Or you have to upload it manually to Dropbox or you can set it up to upload the pictures when your device connect to a Wi-Fi connection?

    Just want to save some Mobile Data usage.
    Auto-upload to Dropbox is optional, just like any other phone that has Dropbox installed. You can choose to upload all the time, or only when you're on Wifi.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I have the HTC One S, you have questions -- FIRE AT WILL!-img_0027.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    ChromeJob likes this.
  23. #48  

    Default Re: I have the HTC One S, you have questions -- FIRE AT WILL!

    Okay, here's one for when you've run out of everything else to do.[1] My Amaze has a very irritating cycling electronic noise when i do stereo video recording ... not present during mono recording. I've confirmed the problem on 3 handsets, 72-96 hours after reset or first boot. I'm hoping they've fixed that with their new superstar phone....

    [1]
  24. #49  

    Default Re: I have the HTC One S, you have questions -- FIRE AT WILL!

    Is there anyway for my HTC One S to auto detect and connect to my wireless internet when I get home? I feel like I've checked every possible setting.
  25. #50  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snider85 View Post
    Is there anyway for my HTC One S to auto detect and connect to my wireless internet when I get home? I feel like I've checked every possible setting.
    Yes as long as your wifi is turned on.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions