I have the HTC One S, you have questions -- FIRE AT WILL!

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
htc-one-s-1_0.jpg

OK, let's hear 'em! Whatcha wanna know?

jesr

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey Phil, so many questions..

Can you confirm that the S have about 10gb for media content (photos, videos, docs..)?

When you boot up, how much ram is free?

The display, how is it? Can you compare it with the one on the razr for instance?

Lestah_613

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Is this for sprint? I'm lost. Tell us about storage, Ram, camera loading (mine takes about 7 seconds to snap a shot after opening it, Evo 4G).

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
First, a caveat: Remember that I have the European version here, and not T-Mobile US.

Can you confirm that the S have about 10gb for media content (photos, videos, docs..)?

2.21GB internal, 9.93GB "phone storage."

When you boot up, how much ram is free?

About 213 MB.

The display, how is it? Can you compare it with the one on the razr for instance?

Don't have the RAZR here ATM, but it's probably pretty close.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Click to view quoted image

OK, let's hear 'em! Whatcha wanna know?

First off Phil, thanks for taking time answer our questions. My first question with sense 4.0 can you hide apps like in ICS? Now my second question is does it have the WiDi capability like the HTC One X? Last question what is the WiDi and what's the benefit of having widi?

PS. Will we get a extensive comparison chart of the HTC One X vs HTC One S i=that show more than just specs but what features they have or do not have like WiDi which is not well know?

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
First off Phil, thanks for taking time answer our questions. My first question with sense 4.0 can you hide apps like in ICS?

Yes. Because it *is* ICS. :p

Now my second question is does it have the WiDi capability like the HTC One X? Last question what is the WiDi and what's the benefit of having widi?

Yep, it's got Wifi Direct. (Which apparently isn't supposed to be called WiDi. We'll see how that goes.) Right now it's pretty much less useful than NFC. But there's a reason Google started including it in Ice Cream Sandwich, and I think we'll find out why at Google IO.

PS. Will we get a extensive comparison chart of the HTC One X vs HTC One S i=that show more than just specs but what features they have or do not have like WiDi which is not well know?

You already have. :) http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-one-series-comparison

Reactions: bunique4life05

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Phil,

Does the One S get HSPA+ speeds on AT&T here in the states? Or only Edge? Everything I've seen says that the One S is tri-band and missing the 1900 mhz band required for AT&T's HSPA+ network, so I'm assuming it does not get AT&T HSPA+, but some reviews I've seen suggest that it works just fine on AT&T.

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Phil,

Does the One S get HSPA+ speeds on AT&T here in the states? Or only Edge? Everything I've seen says that the One S is tri-band and missing the 1900 mhz band required for AT&T's HSPA+ network, so I'm assuming it does not get AT&T HSPA+, but some reviews I've seen suggest that it works just fine on AT&T.

Having data issues with this one, actually. Working with HTC on it. Also, the unit I have here is 850/900/2100, so it's missing some AT&T freqs.

speedtrap63

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi Phil,

Any chance this is a "world phone" and has a Verizon's bands too? Some have said the Incredible 4G might actually be a renamed/badged One S, what do you think?

Thanks!

AndroidBlizzard

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Coming from a 2008 nokia cellphone display

Would the qHD SuperAMOLED pentile display bother me?

Would I not notice it and be wowed by its super amoled display?

Can the camera record 720p at 60 frames per second?

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I find myself really respecting the opinions of the Android Central staff, and thus am wondering why no international review is forthcoming? Or are you simply waiting for the T-Mobile version to come out (which I'm actually more interested in finding more out about). Thanks for all the info you've already dropped, it's very much appreciated!

hiazn

May 29, 2011
Visit site
What type of wifi chip does it have? The Amaze has the TI wifi chip which HTC hasn't released the source for, which hinders/hindered the kernel dev. Does the One S have a Broadcom or Texas Ins?

Thanks

big_time2

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
How is the size compared to Galaxy Nexus? I have a Galaxy Nexus and it is a little too big quite honestly, when talking on the phone, in the pocket, in a belt holster, unless I'm watching videos or reading books, GN is too big for me. I know that One S is 4.3 while nexus is 4.7 (or 4.6?), is the difference really noticeable?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc