I have the HTC One S, you have questions -- FIRE AT WILL!

Alex Dobie

Executive Editor, Android Central
Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Does the One S have a front facing camera, Alex?

I know the One V doesn't have one, but does the One S have one ?
It does. Basic VGA front-facing camera to the right of the speaker grille.
Hallo Android central,

I have a question, Why does HTC one S not come with NFC?:'(

Is there a way or another for not NFC enable devices to use the NFC technology?

Thank you

My guess is the thinness of the device combined with the fact that the back is aluminum, meant there was nowhere for an NFC antenna. NFC is as much hardware as it is software so no, there's no way to enable with a software hack alone.

Reactions: Speedygi
Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Phil,

Does the bluetooth stack allow meta data to be transmitted? I'm thinking for my car here. My BB9900 has A2DP but also allows the track name, artist name, and album name to be displayed on my cars media center hub via meta data. All Android's I've tried this with allow A2DP to change tracks, but don't allow meta data to transfer.

Jutje

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Android Central,

I understand that with the HTC One serie you will get 2 month free of Dropbox storage.
My question is: when you take e picture for example does the picture get uploaded immediately to Dropbox?
Or you have to upload it manually to Dropbox or you can set it up to upload the pictures when your device connect to a Wi-Fi connection?

Just want to save some Mobile Data usage.:p

nathan118

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Android Central,

I understand that with the HTC One serie you will get 2 month free of Dropbox storage.
My question is: when you take e picture for example does the picture get uploaded immediately to Dropbox?
Or you have to upload it manually to Dropbox or you can set it up to upload the pictures when your device connect to a Wi-Fi connection?

I believe that's a dropbox setting, like in google+, you can tell it to upload and when.

The dropbox app on the HTC one series isn't special...you just get 25 gigs free for 2 years I believe.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I actually don't think I've seen a pic of the behind-the-grill notification LED in action. When you get a chance.... :cool:

dekesask

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I hate the term but, how future proof do you feel this phone is? I have an Incredible s and I feel like it was left behind last year, thank god for the devs out there who kept it feeling fresh. So if I get the one s (one x wont be on my carrier) will I regret it and be sad or will I scoff at the Samsung Galaxy whatever?

Also Seeing the leak of the "Golf", is HTC going hold true to slimming down their 2012 portfolio or create more "red headed step children"?

D

Alex Dobie

Executive Editor, Android Central
Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I actually don't think I've seen a pic of the behind-the-grill notification LED in action. When you get a chance.... :cool:
See attachment :)
I hate the term but, how future proof do you feel this phone is? I have an Incredible s and I feel like it was left behind last year, thank god for the devs out there who kept it feeling fresh. So if I get the one s (one x wont be on my carrier) will I regret it and be sad or will I scoff at the Samsung Galaxy whatever?

Also Seeing the leak of the "Golf", is HTC going hold true to slimming down their 2012 portfolio or create more "red headed step children"?

D
Only thing that potentially isn't future proof is the screen. Snapdragon S4 is plenty fast, and we'll see lots of high-end phones with the same chip later in the year.

Maybe. Lots of these will be territory-specific, though. I suspect the Wildfire C will launch in Europe and nowhere else.
I believe that's a dropbox setting, like in google+, you can tell it to upload and when.

The dropbox app on the HTC one series isn't special...you just get 25 gigs free for 2 years I believe.
Correct :)
Android Central,

Auto-upload to Dropbox is optional, just like any other phone that has Dropbox installed. You can choose to upload all the time, or only when you're on Wifi.

Reactions: ChromeJob

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Okay, here's one for when you've run out of everything else to do.[1] My Amaze has a very irritating cycling electronic noise when i do stereo video recording ... not present during mono recording. I've confirmed the problem on 3 handsets, 72-96 hours after reset or first boot. I'm hoping they've fixed that with their new superstar phone....

[1] Drambuie Made for a Ponce, er, Prince - YouTube

Snider85

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Is there anyway for my HTC One S to auto detect and connect to my wireless internet when I get home? I feel like I've checked every possible setting.

Texhellyes

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
cant get internet access from my one s just connects and tells me
that there is no internet access ... is this a bug with the phone
or is it me missing something only got the phone 1 day ago and was told
it was good for tethering but cant get access have full strength single bar
any help please and thank you

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
cant get internet access from my one s just connects and tells me
that there is no internet access ... is this a bug with the phone
or is it me missing something only got the phone 1 day ago and was told
it was good for tethering but cant get access have full strength single bar
any help please and thank you

Did you update the phone yet? the new update helped with connectivity issues, but it mostly depends on what area you live in. The one S doesnt do very well on 2G. (my expierence) but Tmo is currently reframing 75% of there network.

eeliza

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Help! I bought my HTC one 5 weeks ago. I powered off last week and the phone would not come on when I went to power up again. Took it to the dealer who said he has not seen this happen and also could not get it to work. I asked him if all my photos, videos etc would transfer over to my replacement phone once I received the new one. He said not if I didn't back them up online! I hadn't done that yet since I have only had the phone a few weeks but I have taken a ton of pics and video of my kids and I am desperately wanting to know if there is a way that I can transfer these things to my new phone. He said because he can't even get my phone to power on there is no way to upload these things now and I will lose them:( I received my new phone today but before I set it up I need to know if there is any way for me to save my pics, etc. I thought these would transfer with my SIM card...? Can you please help? Thanks so much!

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Help! I bought my HTC one 5 weeks ago. I powered off last week and the phone would not come on when I went to power up again. Took it to the dealer who said he has not seen this happen and also could not get it to work. I asked him if all my photos, videos etc would transfer over to my replacement phone once I received the new one. He said not if I didn't back them up online! I hadn't done that yet since I have only had the phone a few weeks but I have taken a ton of pics and video of my kids and I am desperately wanting to know if there is a way that I can transfer these things to my new phone. He said because he can't even get my phone to power on there is no way to upload these things now and I will lose them:( I received my new phone today but before I set it up I need to know if there is any way for me to save my pics, etc. I thought these would transfer with my SIM card...? Can you please help? Thanks so much!

If it doesnt turn on ... and there is no SD. then there is no way to pull it off.
I would try holding power and volume down. See if the phone goes to recovery mode.
If it does you might be able to transfer your stuff to the computer using a USB cable.
If not.... its hopeless. Sorry to say

Jlomeli0528

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Hey is it me or is the HTC ONE S speakers REALLY low? Also, does your phone keep the expandable notifications in because i always have to manually expand them. It really irritates me. Please help.

LeanneJamie

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
My htc has locked me out PUK locked contact customer service, is there any way I can enter in the code, I know what it is now. I don't remember even trying to to guess that code 10 times and failing but I heard that's why I'm locked out.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
My htc has locked me out PUK locked contact customer service, is there any way I can enter in the code, I know what it is now. I don't remember even trying to to guess that code 10 times and failing but I heard that's why I'm locked out.

You have to get the PUK codes from your carrier.

AntonioRocksB2B

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Phil, not sure what I did but I accidently switched something that basically streams on the top RH corner what looks to me is OS activity. I can't identify the right switch to shut it off; its constant and very annoying as you can imagine. Help!

ManDroid7

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I have the T-Mobile US version of this phone and I have been having problems with it. First, my power button broke and now, I'm unable to turn it off or reboot it. Now, it has become VERY laggy and slow in every area. I'm not talking about Wi-Fi or Mobile data. The phone itself is now dragging to do anything at all. I have uninstalled several apps to no avail. I have enough space in storage and apparently, enough RAM. How can I reboot / turn off my phone without a power button. Thanks in advance... :'(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall