Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 18 of 18
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By big_time2
  • 2 Post By AndroidBlizzard
  • 1 Post By Ravynmagi
  • 2 Post By ChromeJob
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Black/Red version will be on T-Mobile USA but there is a problem.

    It seems as if T-Mobile will only be launching with the blue/gray gradient anodized version of the HTC One S at the start( perhaps around the end of April)

    This is bad because as it seems, most people do want the Black/Red version of the HTC One S version treated by Micro Arc Oxidation.

    Recent news has been positive stating that the black/red version will be at T-Mobile too but there is a catch. This version will be released in June...nearly 2+ months from its original April release date.


    Is it only me or what but see this as an annoying move,why won't T-Mobile just release both at the same time...
    However the black/red ones may be a special edition release with Beats headphones included......thats the only reason why i see T-Mobile releasing this at a later date.( the color scheme also matches since Beats headphones are black/red)

    Beats headphones doesn't have the best quality but they are much better than the bland HTC headphones shown in current HTC One X and HTC One S unboxing videos on Youtube


    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidBlizzard View Post

    So what else did we learn? The first version of the HTC One S launching in April has a slight blue-ish tint to it with a second variant launching sometime in June in black with red accents. It was described as the “Mao” treatment, which stands for Micro-Arc-Oxidation. We’re also told that the Beats headphones were “very impressive” and definitely a change from standard headphones. The Beats headphones will be a secondary purchase along with the wireless display adapter.
    Full details below
    http://www.tmonews.com/2012/04/t-mob...ore-impresses/






    What do you guys think of this?

    Black/Red version of HTC One S released 2 months after the blue/gray version but may include Beats headphones with it
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Black/Red version will be on T-Mobile USA but there is a prob

    I'm not buying it unless T-Mo sells it in black. As much as I like and want this phone, I only want it in black.
    Ditarawr likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Black/Red version will be on T-Mobile USA but there is a prob

    Hopefully both editions come out at the end of April, the beats headphones reason is moot now anyways.
    There isn't a logical reason why they would release one color after the first color.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Black/Red version will be on T-Mobile USA but there is a prob

    Completely agree. No reason why one color has to be delayed two months.
  5. #5  
    going_home's Avatar
    Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!

    Posts
    393 Posts

    Unhappy Re: Black/Red version will be on T-Mobile USA but there is a prob

    Seriously ?

    The color of the phone matters ?

    I suppose the black one will be faster and perform better ?


  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Black/Red version will be on T-Mobile USA but there is a prob

    Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Seriously ?

    The color of the phone matters ?

    I suppose the black one will be faster and perform better ?


    Keep in mind that this is a device that is going to be used for at least two years.

    Can't tell if you are trolling are not so I may come off as pedantic but both variants of the One S have the Snapdragon Krait Processor clocked at 1.5 Ghz and 1 GB of RAM. It would be incorrect to claim that the black one would run faster, since both have the same internal items. Unless the process of micro oxidizing some how speeds up circuitry, both devices run at the same speed which isn't surprising considering their same structure.


    Suppose the One S comes out with a pink background laced with a neon green camera border with blue/red stripes running down the edge.

    Yeah color doesn't matter.......

    /sarcasm
    Ditarawr and cizzlen like this.
  7. #7  
    going_home's Avatar
    Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!

    Posts
    393 Posts

    Wink Re: Black/Red version will be on T-Mobile USA but there is a prob

    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidBlizzard View Post
    Keep in mind that this is a device that is going to be used for at least two years.

    Can't tell if you are trolling are not so I may come off as pedantic but both variants of the One S have the Snapdragon Krait Processor clocked at 1.5 Ghz and 1 GB of RAM. It would be incorrect to claim that the black one would run faster, since both have the same internal items. Unless the process of micro oxidizing some how speeds up circuitry, both devices run at the same speed which isn't surprising considering their same structure.


    Suppose the One S comes out with a pink background laced with a neon green camera border with blue/red stripes running down the edge.

    Yeah color doesn't matter.......

    /sarcasm
    You mean there are actually people that use a phone for two years ?
    I am lucky if I make it six months.

    The colour of the phone is inconsequential because I always use a case.

  8. #8  

    Default Re: Black/Red version will be on T-Mobile USA but there is a prob

    With all the problems people are having with the MOA, good thing Tmo is getting the grey!
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Black/Red version will be on T-Mobile USA but there is a prob

    Quote Originally Posted by nathan118 View Post
    With all the problems people are having with the MOA, good thing Tmo is getting the grey!
    Agreed. after all the reports that claim chippings come off for no reason on the black/red version, it's actually quite a relief that T-mobile will surely come out with the gray one.

    I'm at the point where if T-mobile comes out with both colors, I will still choose the gray color and if T-mobile comes out with only the gray color, then I will still go with the gray color. Win/Win situation either way, Can't wait to test out the HTC One S in store, especially its anodized aluminum backing!
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Black/Red version will be on T-Mobile USA but there is a prob

    Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Seriously ?

    The color of the phone matters ?

    I suppose the black one will be faster and perform better ?


    Yes, the color of the phone matters quite a bit to me. When I spend $500+ on a phone, I'm certainly looking at other features besides performance, the appearance of the device is important. And I appreciate that HTC went through the trouble to create two colors for different tastes. It's a shame T-Mobile couldn't have put a bit more effort in themselves to have both products ready.

    You are killing me T-Mobile.

    As for the MAO issues. Sad state of things is I'm used to pretty much any gadget having some quality issues at launch. My Galaxy Nexus had a purple screen, my iPad 3 had a gap in the screen, and it seems like I've run into a variety of issues with other gadgets I've bought recently. I just try to buy from a place with good customer service and brace myself for the possibility I'll have to return it.
    big_time2 likes this.
  11. #11  
    going_home's Avatar
    Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!

    Posts
    393 Posts

    Exclamation Re: Black/Red version will be on T-Mobile USA but there is a prob

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravynmagi View Post
    Yes, the color of the phone matters quite a bit to me. When I spend $500+ on a phone, I'm certainly looking at other features besides performance, the appearance of the device is important. And I appreciate that HTC went through the trouble to create two colors for different tastes. It's a shame T-Mobile couldn't have put a bit more effort in themselves to have both products ready.

    You are killing me T-Mobile.

    As for the MAO issues. Sad state of things is I'm used to pretty much any gadget having some quality issues at launch. My Galaxy Nexus had a purple screen, my iPad 3 had a gap in the screen, and it seems like I've run into a variety of issues with other gadgets I've bought recently. I just try to buy from a place with good customer service and brace myself for the possibility I'll have to return it.
    Well then you must be the only one that doesnt use a protective case on your phone.
    And most of the cases cover up the color of the phone.

    Mustard ? Dont lets be silly !


  12. #12  

    Default Re: Black/Red version will be on T-Mobile USA but there is a prob

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravynmagi View Post
    Yes, the color of the phone matters quite a bit to me. When I spend $500+ on a phone, I'm certainly looking at other features besides performance, the appearance of the device is important. And I appreciate that HTC went through the trouble to create two colors for different tastes. It's a shame T-Mobile couldn't have put a bit more effort in themselves to have both products ready.

    You are killing me T-Mobile.

    As for the MAO issues. Sad state of things is I'm used to pretty much any gadget having some quality issues at launch. My Galaxy Nexus had a purple screen, my iPad 3 had a gap in the screen, and it seems like I've run into a variety of issues with other gadgets I've bought recently. I just try to buy from a place with good customer service and brace myself for the possibility I'll have to return it.
    Especially if you plan on keeping the phone for more than a few months, the color of the phone matters.

    A lot of people on this forum switch phones every few months, to them the color may not matter, nothing really matters to them, as long as it's the latest. People who will keep a phone for 18-24 months, they make sure everything (color included) meets their criteria.
  13. #13  
    303kush's Avatar

    Posts
    286 Posts
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

    Default Re: Black/Red version will be on T-Mobile USA but there is a prob

    Big deal....people complain about dumb stuff lol. If it comes with gingerbread and sense 4.0 than you complain. You will have a case on it anyway and I'm pretty sure they will make different color backs
  14. #14  
    going_home's Avatar
    Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!

    Posts
    393 Posts

    Red face Re: Black/Red version will be on T-Mobile USA but there is a prob

    Quote Originally Posted by bigtime2 View Post
    Especially if you plan on keeping the phone for more than a few months, the color of the phone matters.

    A lot of people on this forum switch phones every few months, to them the color may not matter, nothing really matters to them, as long as it's the latest. People who will keep a phone for 18-24 months, they make sure everything (color included) meets their criteria.
    I'm lucky if I can make myself keep a phone for 6 months .
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: Black/Red version will be on T-Mobile USA but there is a prob

    I'm actually in a fortunate scenario. My 2 year contract just ended and with this new HTC One S phone coming out, its good timing so I will be getting a phone that I will use for the next 2 years, presumably until 2014. Color matters since its a device that will be used day in and day out, its a good thing that I have grown to like the gray/blue version. The blue accent adds a bit of flair to an otherwise regular camera and but thing going for the black/red one is that it radiates a more serious, no sh*t attitude. However with chipping problems present, the gray one is a better choice although conservative and it still looks superb.
  16. #16  

    Default

    Guys, if you plan to flip it, hell yeah color matters. You want to resell the model that's in demand, not the also-ran.

    Think before you post. :rolleyes:
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default Re: Black/Red version will be on T-Mobile USA but there is a prob

    Quote Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
    Guys, if you plan to flip it, hell yeah color matters. You want to resell the model that's in demand, not the also-ran.

    Think before you post. :rolleyes:
    lol thanked you for your signature

    "can't bat .400 everyday"
  18. #18  
    going_home's Avatar
    Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!

    Posts
    393 Posts

    Exclamation Re: Black/Red version will be on T-Mobile USA but there is a prob

    Quote Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
    Guys, if you plan to flip it, hell yeah color matters. You want to resell the model that's in demand, not the also-ran.

    Think before you post. :rolleyes:

    If you are already a T-Mobile customer theres no way I can see to do anything but lose money
    doing what you are saying.

    Pay 559 for a phone and then sell it for 450 ?

    People buy used phones to get them cheaper than retail.

    Your post is puzzling.


Posting Permissions