04-26-2012 09:40 AM
- I am gonna buy a new phone. I am torn between the HTC One s and the Sony Xperia s.
I want my phone to have lots of memory or a micro sd slot.
It should have a respectable battery life.
I plan to use it for atleast 3 years so the build quality needs to be exceptional, cause I drop a lot.
I also do heavy duty gaming and HD video viewing so the phone should handle that too.
I really don't care if I don't get ICS outta the box, only that I should be getting it sometime this year.
A Really loud speaker.
Also here in India it's not feasible to buy a unlimited data plan so cloud services will be pretty much useless...
I use a X10i currently for the past year.
Please help me to decide as they're priced almost the same.04-12-2012 08:44 AM
- For the specs,its theres(pretty much everythere aloso):
Comparing Sony Xperia S vs. HTC One S - Twelve Reasons for the Sony Xperia S - VERSUS IO
For the GPU, The Xperia S is equiped with a Adreno 220 and the one S, the Adreno 225. Up to you to weight the difference
For the speaker, i can't tell but look on youtube for hand on previews theres a good chance they tried the speakers
Hope it helped !04-12-2012 10:06 AM
- If you're looking for build quality, HTC has it down. The One S finish is extra durable, you should check out the micro arc oxidation variant which is a crazy durable finish. Battery life on mine has been excellent. If you google for One S battery life it has been getting some of the best battery ratings.04-12-2012 02:51 PM
- 04-12-2012 06:13 PM
- 04-12-2012 10:02 PMLike 1
- Alex DobieAndroid Central Europe EditorOn balance right now, the One S is the better phone. We'll hopefully take another look at the Xperia S on the site when it gets ICS though. If an HD screen is important to you, well then you're never going to get that on the One S. Same with >10gb USB storage.04-12-2012 10:25 PM
I was going to go with Samsung Galaxy S2 but TouchWiz isn't a good android overlay so when I saw news about a new phone and HTC sense, the pieces started falling in to place.
If you enjoy Sense UI ( I don't see how it is bloated or intrusive as other people call it) One S is the way to go. Not to mention its slim form makes it easier to hold and for handed usage even when both xperia s and one s comes in at 4.3 inches.04-13-2012 12:26 AM
- I just checked. Here in India the Xperia S comes with 50 GB of free cloud storage, car charger and a leather case as an early bird offer. As a deal, isn't it better than what HTC offers. Btw as the one s hasn't yet been announced with it's release date here, I can't even confirm the 30 GB dropbox storage offer....04-13-2012 05:16 AM
- It is since HTC offers 25GB of dropbox storage and that is plenty enough for me. Mainly it boils down to HTC Sense, it's a really good android overlay. HTC One S in the U.S also hasn't been released yet. If xperia S is available go for it since ICS presumably is going to it very shortly.04-13-2012 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD