Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cheftam
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One S voicemail notification issue

anyone have voicemail notification issues? like always saying you have voicemail? Seems to be a rampant HTC issue with all their phones.

I did listen to all my voicemails... even deleted the saved ones. My One s keeps notifying me that I have a new voicemail... and when I check there are no new voicemails.

Default Re: HTC One S voicemail notification issue

That happened the first 2-3 hours of ownership, then went away. *shrugs*
    ingram1225 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by cheftam View Post
    That happened the first 2-3 hours of ownership, then went away. *shrugs*
    I was able to clear it up by going into my call settings and hitting the clear voicemail notification button.
    Thanked by:

Do this:
    1. Call your phone from another phone and leave a message
    2. Clear the message out.

Voila. No more VM notification.

It's a stupid bug

Had the same issue the first two days with the phone . At the end of day two someone left a voicemail, I deleted that & the notification finally disappeared

Got my HTC One S yesterday. 2 errant voicemail messages yesterday. 3 today.

Quote Originally Posted by ingram1225 View Post
    I was able to clear it up by going into my call settings and hitting the clear voicemail notification button.
    You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. I've been trying to get rid of this since I got the phone and just saw this thread. Thank you.

Frustrating. Other options: 1) Drop phone into lake, 2) Feed phone to on Ostrich (they'll eat anthing, as it turns out) 3) Bake at 450 degrees for 30 minutes, turning once to insure even results, 4) Launch phone off top of a tall building via slingshot, 5) Using Skill saw, remove top 1/2 inch of phone, 6) Secure phone to rear bumper of car with a string, place phone on ground, drive to work. All of these worked for me, and they solved my Ingress addiciton and texting while driving issues, too.

Seriously, hard boot worked for me, thanks for the tip!!