05-05-2013 12:49 AM
- OP, did you ever resolve your issue?
I just purchased a HTC One S and was shocked at how bad the earpiece speaker quality was. Every call over medium volume pops, crackles, vibrates and just sounds cheap. The phone sounds great with headphones and the external speaker sounds fine.
Based on comments here it seems like it's a common complaint but others I've seen say they don't any problem at all. Do we have defective phones or is it just the nature of the speaker?
I'm just wondering if I should go through the trouble of trying to get a replacement or if it's not worth the time or effort.06-21-2012 10:06 PM
- I have not noticed poor call quality on my HTC One S. I typically don't have the volume up beyond mid range though. I did try it today just to see, but calling my home voice mail and my wife's voice mail I did not notice any issue with the volume turned up just over mid-range (middle). I've had the phone for a few weeks now and have taken a few calls, I guess now I'll be more alert for problems and not assume it's the other persons phone!06-22-2012 04:34 PM
- The sound continues to drive me crazy and I think I've narrowed it down.
It seems like ONLY mobile calls are affected. Every mobile call I make has the annoying crackling and rattling sound regardless if I call another cell phone or landline. I thought it was the ear piece but if you turn on speaker phone which uses a different speaker, the same crackling occurs. The same speaker when playing music or any other sound has no problems.
So it looks like just the cell network is causing the issue. I'm wondering if it is an isolated issue or if this a software problem? Anyone else having the problem or have anymore details? I love the phone but the mobile call quality is unacceptable for such an expensive phone.06-27-2012 11:37 PM
- I too noticed a bit of distortion when the volume was high, however a little poor audio over the ear piece doesn't worry me too much as I rarely take call on the device itself. I have blue tooth headphones to listen the the android central podcast while working then if a call comes in I can keep going!
Plus how many phone calls do i actually make?07-06-2012 09:43 AM
- Hi all
I purchased an One S via Orange (it has the S3 cpu but it is working fine, the OS version is 4.0.3).
I noticed the issue with the ear speaker and I've encountered it also with the external speaker (especially when I use Skype - doesn't counts if it is via 3G or Wifi).
So clearly this is a OS issue and not a hardware one, waiting now for the 4.0.4 update to see the quality as I understood that this new version has multiple bugs fixed.
Manu09-28-2012 05:46 AM
- My speakers are crackling. Very frustrating. However, the worst problem about the phone is the call quality. This is my first day and people that I call cannot understand what I am saying. Portions of conversations are getting garbled on both ends. It seems like this would be a huge problem for the future sales of this phone.05-05-2013 12:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD