SMS notification sound

neilthatsmyname

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Just wondered if anyone was able to add there own personal notification sound. I have download a few sounds that I am looking at using, firstly cannot seem to now find them on the phone but when looking at notification sound on the messaging app there does not seem to be anyway to add your own personal notification sound.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

employedslacker#AC

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I looked at the messages application and I don't see a way to change it. I use Go SMS and use to use Handset both of those apps let you customize notifications for all messages or for individual contacts.

ingram1225

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Just wondered if anyone was able to add there own personal notification sound. I have download a few sounds that I am looking at using, firstly cannot seem to now find them on the phone but when looking at notification sound on the messaging app there does not seem to be anyway to add your own personal notification sound.

have you tried Zedge?

Also, under settings_sounds there is a notification sound to change. I havnt tried changing it to downloaded sounds, but was able to change the sound and it worked.

arickinreallife

May 4, 2012
Visit site

messages app> menu > settings > notifications > notification sound

also, it depends on where you saved those files to. I've found the easiest way to make your own tones/alerts available to use is to simply drag and drop them into the "Notifications" folder after plugging your android up to your computer. When i do that, they ALL become available to use in my notifications folder on the device for use with whatever app

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
to make your own sounds (notifications) you can use Ringdroid in the play store. search for your sound, cut it/edit it and set as notification all within the app.

This works for almost anything. My freind sang me a song in my visual voicemail. I was able to save the voicemail, edit it and save it as a my ringtone... classic

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance