Is it really much of an upgrade?

goliath602

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
So I need you guys to help me out here. Currently I have the Samsung Galaxy S2 from tmobile and I love this phone. I have had it Since the 11th of December, so not too long of a time. But I am the type of a person who gets bored of things very quickly. I would just like you guys to weigh in on whether I should upgrade to the One S. Or stick with the Samsung Galaxy 2 for the time being until the Galaxy S3 comes or an equivalent out to T-Mobile.

Jim

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
I am in the same boat. For some reason The AC boys don't want t weigh in on this. I have asked the same question twice with no response. For T-mobile folks it is a big deal since the S2 had been the "flagship" prior to the One S. From what I have been able to gleen here and elsewhere, it seems that the One S is the clear winner as a new purchase decision between the S2 and the One S but not so much if you already have the S2. Then......what do we do if the S 3 goes to T-Mo?

303kush

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Well the one s is way faster than my gs2. S3 vs s4? No comparison. ICS + Sense 4.0 in a slim sexy phone. Camera is beast also.

3Dirty#AC

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I just came over from the s2 as well.... This display blows away the S2's..In my opinion of course... It's so rich and crisp... Every lil detail is seen...plus its so responsive and fast...

wezra

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Am currently with an Amaze 4G running the most current leaked version of ICS. I just saw the One S and to be completely honest, I was not all that impressed. The Amaze on ICS is clearly more in the league with the One X. Granted the One S is a bit slimmer, but I also found the build quality to be somewhat less than the Amaze. Of course the Amaze was a one off phone that was to expensive for most people, so it didn't sell well. But it was also the precurser to the One X. Not sure why T-Mobile would settle for a phone as it's new flagship that is less of a phone than the most current (now past) flagship.

I even spoke with the guys at the T-Mobile store that I have been working with for the past 8 years that told me to hold on to my Amaze and not waste money on the One S. That in 2013 the game completely changes with their upgraded network and new phones that will be optimized for the new network speeds. They came right out and said that the Amaze is a better phone in nearly all regards and I need to keep it for the remainder of the year. Good advice to be sure.

303kush

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Wow lol. No judgement cause I'm sure if I could afford it, I would be trying out more phones than I have. But wow

Lol its somewhat of a addiction, a stupid expensive one, just like my cars are lol. But I pay my moms phone bill and there's 4 lines on there so I just end up using the upgrades, I tend to sell my old phones to help pay for new ones or pass em on to my mom lol..this HTC one s is getting passed on to her when I upgrade another line in June and get the micro oxidized version of the one s :).

Has a little something to do with my little ocd issue
That I self diagnosed myself with lol.. After a while it just gets old to me, or one little scratch bothers me so much that I have to replace it lol..I only have this with phones Idk why.

303kush

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
My t mobile store hates/likes me I guess lol. I do buy a lot of phones there but I also do a lot of exchanges because when I pay $250 for a phone I expect it to be in perfect working condition with no issues. And I won't stop exchanging until I get a good one, and t mobile knows this lol.

Ohgeez10

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Former TMO rep here so I've gone through tons of phones over the past few years. I'm an addict!

When the Amaze and SGII came out at the same time, I was still working at TMO. I spent about three weeks tinkering with both phones before I decided on the Amaze. At that time, the camera won me over as well as Sense. I had a SG4, that was passed down to my wife, so I was familiar with TW but didnt care for it much so I rooted it and added a different launcher.

Beginning of the year I picked up the HTC Radar just to play around with WP7. Decided to get rid of the Amaze and go with WP7 for a couple of months.

End of Feb came around and missed Android too much so decided on getting the SGII but kept the Radar anyway.

Fell in love with the SGII. Got rid of TW and added GoLauncher with ICS theme. The phone might feel cheap to some but this thing is super durable. Have dropped it several times and not a single scratch.

Now here comes the HTC One S and I start to get itchy for something new. I have spent many, many hours at the TMO stores playing around with the One S and just don't feel like its much of an upgrade from my SGII. My phone gets anywhere from 12Mbps - 19Mbps consistently in speed. Every One s that I have played with hasn't done any better. Of all the browser test I've done, my phone keeps up with the One s. I know the One S is faster but its not by much and not noticeable.

Now that I've gone to the 4.52" screen, I got spoiled and I still think the SGII looks better.

Hoping that the Note comes to us soon.

So to sum it up, coming from a SGII or Amaze, i dont think its worth the upgrade.

rex450se

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I just handed down my Galaxy S2 to my wife and picked up the One S. I have missed Sense since my Sensation and was so glad to get rid of Touch Wiz. I love the Galaxy S2 hardware but I hate Touch Wiz with the power of a thousand burning suns. And the white GS2 did feel a little cheap and plasticky. I really like the heft of the One S, it feels solid and well built. If you like Touch Wiz, stick with the GS2, it is a great piece of hardware that will hopefully get ICS soon. Or if you like the hardware, Sense, or are just ready for something different, grab a One S and you won't be disappointed.