Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By venious
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default dead pixel

So yeah, I have a dead pixel. Bummed out but I'm still in my remorse period so I'm going to exchange it. It on greys, and on some blue and green combos. Anyone else having issues?

On top of that it's done 2 random reboots in the past few days, and my wife's one s has terrible battery life compared to mine and I use mine tons more than she does. Kind of frustrated with HTC right now.

Not sure if I should do an exchange or flat out return.... Sad day.

Global Posts
    559 Global Posts

I'd exchange it and try again, then bail if you still have issues. No major battery issues here, but it isn't any miracle supper either. What does here history look like?

Sent from my HTC One S on T-Mobile
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dead pixel-uploadfromtaptalk1336095455830.jpg   dead pixel-uploadfromtaptalk1336095466359.jpg  
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: dead pixel

Update -- Exchanged both of them on Saturday (after having the manager and employee try to find every reason it could have been my fault that both phones were acting up).

Anyway, my wife's phone is much better now. Today she's had it on for 12.5 hours and is at 65% battery where before she she could not make it through the work day.

Also, my new One S does not have any dead pixels (yet). All is well for now

Global Posts
    559 Global Posts

Perfect. It always sucks to have to go through this kinda stuff, but we are talking about a 600-1200 dollar device that you have to stare at for 2 years.

big_time2 likes this.

ROM
    Stock

I made a dead pixel video of my Tegra 3 version One x. Soon as I get some views/comments, I.e. some leverage against HTC, I'll try to ask for a replacement. If not then I'll settle for a repair. Hope this works.

Author of NoobTech:

Default Re: dead pixel

Quote Originally Posted by venious View Post
    Perfect. It always sucks to have to go through this kinda stuff, but we are talking about a 600-1200 dollar device that you have to stare at for 2 years.

I'm really upset that phones these days are not nearly as durable as they used to be several years ago. I remember using a BlackBerry Curve for so long, dropped it a million times, sent numerous messages/emails, left it in the car overnight in freezing temps or in 100 degree temps, listened to hours and hours of Pandora, and it still works. This One S, on the other hand, needs to be restarted any day I send more than ~100 messages, and I can only imagine what would happen if I dropped it or streamed Pandora for more than an hour a day.