The Ring --- how can you get rid of it? :(

arickinreallife

May 4, 2012
Visit site
is there anyway to completely disable the lock screen?

like with the ring and everything--- it's annoying.

when i press the power button i'de like to go right to passcode or face unlock, or if i have that turned off, right to my main screen.

the lock-screen-ring thing just seems so unnecessary

is there a way to remove it? i can't find it??

AndroidBlizzard

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I doubt that you can, anyway the ring serves a good aesthetic purpose, its also useful if you dont have a locking so all you have to do is drag the shortcut in to the ring.

arickinreallife

May 4, 2012
Visit site
eliminate it completely. can just turn the screen on (which you have to do regardless) and click on whatever has a notification.

it really serves not functional purpose. its not as if there are buttons that can be pressed in your pocket or bag that would turn the screen on without you knowing about it

rex450se

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
This may not seem like a bad idea at first, but trust me it is. I have a Galaxy S2 that has lost its lockscreen and it does cause problems. This is a known problem with the GS2 unfortunately, one reason I am getting the One S. I have had buttons hit in my pocket, but more of a problem is that when getting a text message or phone call the screen lights up and is active. With out the lockscreen I would get text messages and not hear/feel the notification and with the screen awake after it I would send texts back, make phone calls and one time I downloaded 3 apps. It's amazing what that screen thinks is an input when its in your pocket. So while it may seen nice to not have a lockscreen, it is not.

Reactions: arickinreallife

arickinreallife

May 4, 2012
Visit site
This may not seem like a bad idea at first, but trust me it is. I have a Galaxy S2 that has lost its lockscreen and it does cause problems. This is a known problem with the GS2 unfortunately, one reason I am getting the One S. I have had buttons hit in my pocket, but more of a problem is that when getting a text message or phone call the screen lights up and is active. With out the lockscreen I would get text messages and not hear/feel the notification and with the screen awake after it I would send texts back, make phone calls and one time I downloaded 3 apps. It's amazing what that screen thinks is an input when its in your pocket. So while it may seen nice to not have a lockscreen, it is not.

WOW your phone was responding to texts and downloading apps all while just being in your pocket??

rex450se

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
WOW your phone was responding to texts and downloading apps all while just being in your pocket??

Yes. I would hit the power button to lock it but when it got a call or text, because there was no lockscreen, it would open up to the last screen I was on. If that was the dialer or call log it would call someone or dial a hundred numbers. If it was the messaging app it would send giberish back to whichever message it opened up. It was more than annoying.

Victor

big_time2

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
Maybe there should be an option like there is one in the vanilla ICS (Galaxy Nexus) where if you have a password or a pin, you don't have to swipe (ring in this case), and instead it only asks to key in the password/pin.

rosser

Former Advisor
Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
But then there's the possible issue of the Emergency Call button with that too..

Sent from my thumbs to your retinas using Tapatalk

balaji906

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
U can find it under settings - personalize- lockscreen style

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357627464592.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357627464592.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 17
  • uploadfromtaptalk1357627474339.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357627474339.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 125

arickinreallife

May 4, 2012
Visit site
U can find it under settings - personalize- lockscreen style

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums

SO weird,i notice that yours says "10/10" llock screen styles while mines only offers "8/8" because i dont get the one you screen capped. i have the black OneS so i should be running the latest software

im running 4.1 and 4.0.4

ruddthedud

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I use NO LOCK and keep it in the Unlock position at all times... then I use "APPLOCK Pro" to lock each of my other Apps Individually with a Pattern lock or Password Number .. Works Terrific.. I

ruddthedud

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I use NO LOCK and keep it in the Unlock position at all times... then I use "APPLOCK Pro" to lock each of my other Apps Individually with a Pattern lock or Password Number .. Works Terrific..

justaservant

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Here's another vote for NO LOCK. I'm usually fine with the lock, except when I'm biking and using MapMyRide. It's not easy to swipe and tap the phone while I'm riding, and eliminating the lock-ring swipe is a HUGE improvement. When I'm finished it's a quick "two-tap" to restore the lock-ring. Thanks for the suggestion!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar