Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 3rd party launchers on the One S?

I am thinking about getting the One S because when I saw it in T-Mobile it just looked so much better then my SGS4G (even though I love it to tears the old dog) but I was just wondering how do 3rd part launchers run with Sense 4.0 + ICS?

Anyone run ones like Go Launcher, ADW, or Launcher7 yet?

Or is Sense 4.0 better then them all?

Default Re: 3rd party launchers on the One S?

I tried Go launcher, but went back to sense ... Go works fine, but I like the original stock look and feel...

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEyedWonder View Post
    I am thinking about getting the One S because when I saw it in T-Mobile it just looked so much better then my SGS4G (even though I love it to tears the old dog) but I was just wondering how do 3rd part launchers run with Sense 4.0 + ICS?

Anyone run ones like Go Launcher, ADW, or Launcher7 yet?

Or is Sense 4.0 better then them all?
    I have ADW Launcher EX. I'll try it out on this phone... but there are many features that ADW had that Sense 4.0 has. I'm sure I'll go back to Sense 4.0 but... i'll give this a try for a few days.

right off the bat, it feels a little slow... but not to much slower. Noticeable when pressing the recent apps button.

Also, ADW Launcher EX does not display the sense 4.0 widget style when trying to add widgets to the screens. Instead you see the old style which means you lose out on the Sense clock style, Something I have always loved about Sense.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

So sense 4 is generally better? So running stock is preferred? That's a new one :-P
    I only got to see the dummy model, I'll try out the software tomorrow. For some reason none of them were charged.

ROM
    ICS 4.0

I am using Apex launcher and like it better than the stock. I was using Launcher pro but I think that is what kept resetting my phone on its own.

So sense 4 is generally better? So running stock is preferred? That's a new one :-P
    I only got to see the dummy model, I'll try out the software tomorrow. For some reason none of them were charged.
    yes... There are somethings that ADW EX does like change the way screens scroll and how the app tray fades into view... as well as the many themes one can install for ADW... but it lacks Sense 4.0 touches like... the Digital clock, Certain HTC widgets, being able to view most used apps or downloaded apps in your app tray... that's a big one for me.

I do like how I can add more rows and columns to each screen... and add more than 7 screens (do you really need to?) It is, to say the least, very customizable... like it should be.

There is one thing I do like that I wish Sense 4.0 would do... rotate the darn home screen when rotating the phone. At least mine wasnt doing that.

Atlas... I have noticed some performance issues like random reboots. Happened twice since last night when I installed ADW EX... and both times when I WASNT using the phone. weird.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Anyone test Launcher 7 yet?

Anyone test Launcher 7 yet?
    Launcher 7 is great, I have yet to encounter any lag and the ability to change the tile color to almost any other color is a nice feature. I still consider it more of a novelty launcher since WP7 is nice to have but not necessarily to use everyday. Still using sense 4 and I show off launcher 7 to my windows phone friends.

So i purchased beautiful widgets a long time ago... and they work great with ADW EX! So far, I have had a stable phone running ADW EX. The only problem I have seen is the phone will randomly reboot once a day, in the morning. It has done that the last three days that I had ADW running on the phone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3rd party launchers on the One S?-2012-05-10_17-51-36.jpg  

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

I just got the HTC One S and I am having an issue changing the skins. The skins download fine, but when i go to my homescreen to see the skin, it has not changed from the previous skin. Any ideas anyone? This is my first HTC and still getting used to it. I LOVE Beautiful Widgets and would hate to have to go to something else. I appreciate the help!

Quote Originally Posted by celticmom2 View Post
    I just got the HTC One S and I am having an issue changing the skins. The skins download fine, but when i go to my homescreen to see the skin, it has not changed from the previous skin. Any ideas anyone? This is my first HTC and still getting used to it. I LOVE Beautiful Widgets and would hate to have to go to something else. I appreciate the help!
    Try a hard reset (hold power button for 10 seconds) then reboot and try again. This shouldnt be an issue.
    Samsung GS4 GPE | LG Nexus 4 - Sold | GNexus - Sold | HTC One S - Broke | Vibrant - Retired
    Spread some love, Like/Thanks button -->

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

I've been using Nova Launcher. It is very smooth. No issues at all! On a side note, the Sense widgets don't work with it.