Did you know? Quick tip

303kush

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
When I bought my one s on release date I was concerned about the non removable battery and what I would do if the phone was to freeze. The t mobile employee told me if it was to ever freeze and the power button doesn't do anything pull off the cover around the camera and put it back on it has sensors there that will turn your phone off and restart it for you. I hope that made sense lol...typing this early am :)

big_time2

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
Just taking it off, the putting it back on, will do the trick?

Unless I'm doing it completely wrong, or I didn't understand your comment, but I've taken the cover multiple times and it never restarted that way.

303kush

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Just taking it off, the putting it back on, will do the trick?

Unless I'm doing it completely wrong, or I didn't understand your comment, but I've taken the cover multiple times and it never restarted that way.

He told me if the phone was to freeze and needed a "battery pull" to pop off the back piece

ingram1225

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
not sure what the rep is talking about. I just pulled my top back piece off and phone is still on. I ASSUME you can pull off the bottom piece as well... maybe that is what he is talking about?

Hopefully we will never need to use this.

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Also in the HTC One S Manual here it says if the device is not responding to press and hold the power button for 10 seconds and it will restart. There are also instructions for doing a hardware button factory reset if the device will not respond to touches or the screen will not turn on.

Last edited:

big_time2

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, taking the back off doesn't do anything. The rep was probably thinking something else.

When I smoke a lot I tend to give useless advice to people.