Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 303kush
  • 1 Post By mlynch01
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default One s

What do you think of the One S so far?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Android Central Forums

Default Re: One s

Honestly the best phone I've ever owned. I came from a gs2 & HTC amaze, I was worried about the non removable battery and non expandable memory but I'm used to it. It's a great phone. It's going to get a lot better after a update it just needs a few minor fixes like every new phone does but I love this phone!!!
    big_time2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 303kush View Post
    Honestly the best phone I've ever owned. I came from a gs2 & HTC amaze, I was worried about the non removable battery and non expandable memory but I'm used to it. It's a great phone. It's going to get a lot better after a update it just needs a few minor fixes like every new phone does but I love this phone!!!
    @ times the 4g connects slower than my WiFi.
    Also when I'm on a call after a while my screen will lock, meaning when I pull the phone away from my ear the sensor doesn't always turn the screen back on so I have to hit the unlock button, at times.

Hmmm besides that everything else works great, just those minor fixes and ill be a happy camper lol.

Best phone I have ever owned and I too was iffy about non removable storage and battery. Surpisingly this phone has great battery life coming from my G2 with extended battery, and I got used to the amount of memory.

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums...
    big_time2 likes this.

Love it!! It does reboot on its own about 5-6 times per day. I do send in the error alert to HTC. Learning ICS was a piece of cake coming from my LG G2x. As it relates to managing photos I do not like how I no longer can select multiple photos and either delete, upload or attach to an email. There might be a way to do it, but not very intuitive and I have not had the time to search to see. The POP email UI is a bit different too. I liked the Gingerbread ability to view all my POP mail accounts rather than having to use the drop down. I'll adapt to it over time.

Bottom-line, again I really love the phone... just all the reboots makes me feel it is not as stable of a phone as my LG G2x.

I moved over from the G2x which had many issues from hardware to software. I've been putting my One S through its paces for two weeks with no issues or random reboots. HTC has also done a great job with sense 4.0.

It's legit so far. I came from the gs2. In all honesty my gs2 had quicker speeds at my house, but I still get 10-12 at my house. (gs2 would get me about 15 at times) The phone is so thin it's nuts. I like the sense 4.0 and the ICS. It's fast and has no lag. Just my opinion.

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

great so far. very fast. only 2 reboots in over a week. Battery lasts easily through the whole day, and definitely 'smokes' my old HTC windows phone when it comes to loading apps. Had the odd stutter here and there but mainly when the live wallpaper starts back up. so far so great.

I'm indifferent about the device right now. The main thing I love right now is actually the service which I can thank T-Mobile for along with HTC. I love the selling.point its camera, but that is all. The voice recognition for some reason is not as good as my galaxy nexus which is weird.

Sent from my HTC One S
    “Great art stretches the taste, it doesn’t follow tastes”
    Steve Jobs to Bill Atkinson, March 1981.

It's great. There are still a few things that I hate about it, or that I wish HTC would change. Overall, it reminds me a lot of Nexus One which was probably the best phone I have ever had, design wise at least..

I think I will keep it for two years, definitely a good phone to keep for a couple of years.
    Thanked by:
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I like the slim design to it. Beautiful phone....

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Android Central Forums

After a few weeks of this phone I'm totally satisfied. Best phone I've ever had coming from a Samsung Vibrant. The build quality is fantastic. I'm very surprised by the battery life. I take it off the charger at 5.30am every day and when I get home from work at 6pm I would say the battery level is at about 80%. I would say average use. Camera is a huge step up from the Vibrant as well. Super fast interface I would assume due to the dual core. Out of the gate the Vibrant was sketchy connecting via bluetooth in my car. Near the end it was almost useless I didn't even try to use it while driving. This one, although it's only been a few weeks, has been rock solid connecting every time.
    Only negatives would be, like others, I've had crashing issues. I would say it averages 1 crash a day. Hasn't been a big deal though. Also, at first I liked the little lock ring. Now it's mildly annoying. Installed "No Lock" from Play and that took care of it. So, if HTC or Tmo can solve the crashing issue, this phone would be perfect for me.

I absolutly love the Phone. I too came from having the Samsung Vibrant (horrible Phone... but took my abuse) Mutiple people keep speaking about crashes... i think i have had one maybe two since the first day it came out. and my wifi always stay connected too even after sleeping. So im sitting pretty with a near perfect Phone. some minor issues with other apps being compatible.
    (BTW... my iphone friends even say... wow your phone looks and feels good, or when I switch between apps, "thats a cool feature") so im loving this right now.
    Samsung GS4 GPE | LG Nexus 4 - Sold | GNexus - Sold | HTC One S - Broke | Vibrant - Retired
    Spread some love, Like/Thanks button -->

80 percent after 12 hours?! Please tell me what you are doing. I'm usually at about 20 percent around that time with average use.

I really enjoy this phone as well. Besides losing connection on wifi calling here and there, it's been perfect. I agree with all the other comments, it's beautiful, seamless, and fast as hell. I reboot the phone every three days or so, just because. If imagine it helps just like shutting off your comp they now and then to give it a break.

Quote Originally Posted by ToneSoul View Post
    80 percent after 12 hours?! Please tell me what you are doing. I'm usually at about 20 percent around that time with average use.

I really enjoy this phone as well. Besides losing connection on wifi calling here and there, it's been perfect. I agree with all the other comments, it's beautiful, seamless, and fast as hell. I reboot the phone every three days or so, just because. If imagine it helps just like shutting off your comp they now and then to give it a break.
    It sits at work most of the day. I'm not playing games to much during the day. Maybe 10 mins total. Check email a lot during the day. Some texting but not too much. Not heavy use really but my Vibrant battery was down to almost dead with the same usage. I don't have any live wallpaper going and I have the screen brightness on auto. Now last night the battery actually ran out by the time I went to bed because the bar/restaurant we were at had a juke box(myTouchTunes is the name of the app. Pretty cool) that you could by music and control from your phone. I think I used a lot of battery doing that for a couple hours

It's alright. Battery life is awesome, the slim body is great, and the camera is nice.

The downside (in my experience) is that I came across a few defective units. I bought 2 more myself and my wife. Her battery would barely make it past lunch and then mine would randomly reboot and had a dead pixel. We exchanged them and now mine was fine, but she couldn't make calls out of hers. I had signal, she didn't. Then her's started to randomly reboot. This was her first run in with Android phone and she was upset so we returned it again and she went back wp7.

I still have mine and even though it's "4G", she loads up facebook faster on her HD7 than I do on my One S. Pretty lame, but hopefully a software update fixes it. Oh well.
    Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!

Wink Re: One s

I was very hesitant to go from the Amaze to the One S, just seemed like the phones were too similar for the One S to be much better of a phone than the Amaze.

But I've always had an excruciating issue wifi hotspotting at work with the Amaze.

Enter the One S, yep, the wifi hotspotting issue is gone.

So for me it was very worth spending the money.

Plus the One S is faster and of course Ice Cream Sandwich just makes it more better .

And the battery life is much much better than the Amaze.

Hebrews 13:8

Quote Originally Posted by unit_three View Post
    It's alright. Battery life is awesome, the slim body is great, and the camera is nice.

The downside (in my experience) is that I came across a few defective units. I bought 2 more myself and my wife. Her battery would barely make it past lunch and then mine would randomly reboot and had a dead pixel. We exchanged them and now mine was fine, but she couldn't make calls out of hers. I had signal, she didn't. Then her's started to randomly reboot. This was her first run in with Android phone and she was upset so we returned it again and she went back wp7.

I still have mine and even though it's "4G", she loads up facebook faster on her HD7 than I do on my One S. Pretty lame, but hopefully a software update fixes it. Oh well.
    Im on my 3rd or 4th one s not sure lol. First one had a speaker issue. Second one the camera wouldnt open it would shut down the whole phone. The third one the buttom left corner of the screen was loose and would squeak...now I'm on my 4th..keeping my fingers crossed lol. Besides that its one of the best phones I've owned. & I've had every high end smart phone that ever came out liberally lol. Got my amaze sitting around gathering dust now. And the gs2 is sold lol...

Quote Originally Posted by ToneSoul View Post

Ok a update. A couple weeks after posting in this thread battery performance dropped off significantly. I supposed it had something to do with some app as I probably loaded two dozen of them. Not sure which one so I did a factory reset and now the phone seems to be more like it originally was. Fully charged a 5.30am and by 11pm bet time it was 44%. Only apps I have reloaded are Amazon MP3, Badass Battery App, No Lock, HBO Go, Dropwords Pro. I think thats it.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    ROM
    MIUI/MIUI v4

So far so good for me, speaker for calls is not the greatest but I use my bluetooth/wired headset most of the time anyway. I love the look and feel and (fingers crossed) have had non of the reboots, not sure if being in Canada has anything to do with that? @ 303kush you have had 4 bad units? Anyone else experiencing that?

This is by far the best phone I have had. My wife has the GS2 and the One S is much faster & better than the GS2. Unlike all the others on here, my One S has only rebooted twice since I got it on the release date. The camera is awesome. ICS was easy to learn. I used a third party launcher on my G2, but tried it on my One S and the stock launcher was much better than GoLauncher. All in all, this phone will be in my pocket for a while and I don't have any thoughts of buying the GS3.