HTC One S crashed - Strange battery error

jibby

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Earlier today I was looking at .GIF heavy website. My One froze up, blinked its capacitive keys rapidly, shut down and reboot.

When it came back on it had lost a TON of battery life.

Can anyone explain this?

jibby

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Here I am again today with another strange battery jump, but this time.. to a higher percentage.

Maybe I should go exchange this one.. Is anyone else having similar issues?

himenohogosha

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Here I am again today with another strange battery jump, but this time.. to a higher percentage.

Maybe I should go exchange this one.. Is anyone else having similar issues?

Did it crash also like the first time? Were you doing the same thing as when it crashed the first time?

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Earlier today I was looking at .GIF heavy website. My One froze up, blinked its capacitive keys rapidly, shut down and reboot.

When it came back on it had lost a TON of battery life.

Can anyone explain this?

The adult section at 4gifs will do that to any phone......

jibby

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
-It was a Tumblr.

The phone actually did not crash this time. I had manually powered it off for a short while to see it I'd have the same result.

GioTech

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
My HTC One X on AT&T had a similar issue. It had <20% battery life remaining when it crashed, but still was above 10% for sure. I went to unlock the phone a few minutes later and it would not turn on. Held the power button, nothing. Plugged it into the charger, nothing. Not even a charging LED. After 5 minutes the charging LED came on intermittently but kept going away. Holding the power button caused the capacitive touch buttons to blink rapidly and still wouldn't turn on. After 15 minutes the charging LED came back on solid red. Then when I held the power button the phone turned back on. I've been using it for about a week since then. When I first got the phone, I was getting AMAZINGLY PHENOMENAL battery life. Ever since this incident, I have been getting TERRIBLE battery life. Like 1/3 the battery life. And I checked booting it up holding the volume down key and there is no option to delete or reset the battery calibration. I have already let the battery discharge down to 0 and recharged it, still abysmal battery life compared to the first week. I am considering exchanging it for another at the AT&T store as it's the BEST device I've ever used, but not sure if AT&T will simply exchange it due to me claiming it all of a sudden has much worse battery life since there is nothing I can really demonstrate in the store to the sales reps. I am a new AT&T customer that just switched to the carrier and I'm not sure if exchanging a device there is as ridiculously painful as it used to be at Sprint stores...

GioTech

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I am thinking to try a factory reset. It's the only thing I can still try that I haven't yet with my current device. I am just hesitant to do so because it takes me hours to re-setup my device the way I like it and re-download, install and configure all my apps. In the past Google backup has been terrible to me, installing EVERY SINGLE APP I've EVER downloaded on EVERY single Android phone I've EVER used. I don't understand why a recent sync wouldn't overwrite a sync from years ago, and until that is fixed it will be a useless feature.

GioTech

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Tried recalibrating the battery last night. Also logged out of an app which may have been secretly waking the device and syncing in the background even though I had it turned off in the settings and it's not showing up in my sync accounts. We'll see how it fares today.

jibby

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I did the "recalibration" as noted above and didn't see a difference.

Today, my phone's battery ran down pretty quickly. It was at about 34% when I plugged the charger in... But the second I plugged it in it showed 48 percent...?

So i unplugged and now I'm waiting for it die.

This phone is really starting to push my buttons.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I did the "recalibration" as noted above and didn't see a difference.

Today, my phone's battery ran down pretty quickly. It was at about 34% when I plugged the charger in... But the second I plugged it in it showed 48 percent...?

So i unplugged and now I'm waiting for it die.

This phone is really starting to push my buttons.

sorry Jibby, i tried to help, honestly is sounds like a connection problem between the phone and battery, i would replace that one stat. i dont have any issues like this.

shjo68

May 28, 2012
Visit site
My T-Mobile HTC One S was doing the same as above described , after few conversation I convinced T-Mobile to replace my phone and it is one it's way. The crash's never stop, it I sometime once or twice a day and the battery will die fast and not hold half day. It is an issue with the device which I think a lot of people at HTC are swatting right now, they must be honest and recall all the devices, it is an issue with the system

jibby

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I gave up and returned the phone. I am using a Galaxy Nexus now.. Seems to have no problems yet (after a few days) and significanly better battery life.