[HOW TO] - Calibrate Battery

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
So after reading many of the topics, many people are having issues with there battery. please follow the instructions exactly in order for proper battery calibration.

Disclaimer** I am not responsible for your phone if anything goes wrong

This is something known in the Rooted world and is not to be done constintantly.

1. Once your phone dies plug it into your HTC charger, (DO NOT TURN IT ON)
2. Let it charger fully (about 3 hours) until you see the light turn green, unplug the phone
3. Turn on the phone on but do not mess with it. (no checking email, messages, etc) let it sit for about 20 to 30 min
4. then plug it in again but let it continue to sleep (about 30 min)
5. once the light is green, unplug and your finished.

this is called a jump charge (DO NOT DO THIS ALL THE TIME)
the phone knows what your doing and it should re-calibrate any phone.

Hope this helps you all

asimons81

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I just tried this. Got to step four (plugging the phone back on) and the light was green the second it plugged in. Still letting the device sleep -- got another 20 mins or so -- and will report back.

Thanks for the OP.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I just tried this. Got to step four (plugging the phone back on) and the light was green the second it plugged in. Still letting the device sleep -- got another 20 mins or so -- and will report back.

Thanks for the OP.

hmmmm the light should not be green at this point. after disconneting it and turning the phone on.... you let it sit 30 min before plugging it in again?

andrewp51786

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Wow....I was skeptical and even read a forum at xda.developers that said that this is a hoax and fake.....but I followed the instructions exactly and my battery is running amazingly better!!! Thank you!

andrewp51786

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Out of box my phone was draining the battery within 4 or 5 hours, after this calibration I'm getting a day and a half! And that's with a good 3-4 hours of screen time!

brokenbeforetime

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Is this any different between doing this and the battery calibration apps which have you charge to 100% and then run the app. The app I have says that it removes the batterystats.bin file and that a new one is created. Should I use the app, the method on thread, or both? Thanks.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Is this any different between doing this and the battery calibration apps which have you charge to 100% and then run the app. The app I have says that it removes the batterystats.bin file and that a new one is created. Should I use the app, the method on thread, or both? Thanks.

You can try both if you want. I have not used that app on the HOS, but I used that app when I had my Samsung Vibrant Rooted. This method seemed to work better. Wiping the batterystats.bin is like wiping cache. It could be successful depending upon what is sucking your battery power.

Also make sure you dont have any apps trying to download in the Play store. (Restarting wont fix this problem) <--- this can kill a battery fast

coopersw

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
what do i do if i have left on charge for 7 hours and still no green light???
:-\

Well depending on which phone you have, it might be your charger. My charger broke one time ( it was one of the rapid charge mini usb cords..). Basically if your phone needs rapid charge, but your cord broke so it only charges the speed of a normal usb charger, it may take awhile to charge. However, if this is the case you would see an error message saying. Charge is slow... Otherwise to calibrate you need to contact your manufacturer if you cannot follow the method above. I have an Htc Droid DNA and when I emailed HTC about battery issues they told me to turn off phone, charge for at least 20 mins, then while the phone is off and still plugged in, press and hold power and both volume buttons for 15 seconds. I am not sure this worked for me, it appeared as though my phone was turning on, then it stopped. Battery does seem to last a bit longer though. I would suggest trying this if nothing else works, but i bet the actual way to calibrate differs for each manufacturer. Anyway, hope this helps

Ac Je

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Came across this while looking for ways to improve battery life. Tried on a Galaxy Note (original) oem battery. To my surprise it worked. Will update this post after observing performance for a few days.

Sincere thanks to Ryandroid86!