Wi-Fi phone configuration & my network

wxman_michael

May 23, 2012
Visit site
I have a 16-node network (used mostly as a cluster computer for meteorological work), Ethernet, 3 switches, all through an ActionTec DSL gateway/router. There is an edge machine with dnsmasq for dns cache'ing and firewall. My ISP assigns three IP addresses, one of which is my network's gateway address. The ActionTec has DHCP turned "on" although I use SNAT, DNAT, and masquerading on my side. I use my internal network to serve an Apache Web site as well.

The Wi-Fi (and other reception, for that matter) is not very good here, so I bought a TrendNet TEW-636APB Wireless Access Point. It's plugged into one of the switches. The Linux hosts and hosts_files are correctly configured and dnsmasq is configured to assign an IP Address to the TEW-636APB based on its MAC.

Everything works just fine, but most importantly, the HTC One (T-mobile) has no Internet connectivity, even though I can read the IP Address assigned to the phone. Everything is on the same subnet, by the way.

Any suggestions to get Internet up and running? I regularly use bash and c-shell as well as other languages but this one has me stumped. Any suggestions?

Mike
Minneapolis, Minnesota

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007