HTC One S (T-Mobile) Software Update

venious

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Update inbound from T-Mobile!

Beginning May 31, the HTC One S will begin receiving notifications for software updates. The latest software build will improve software stability and resolve open issues with the device. The new software version is 1.84.531.2 710RD. This update will continue until June 30.

Android version 4.0.3 / Software version 1.84.531.2 710RD
Updated 5/31/2012
Improvements
Resolves goodbye splash not appearing when powering off due to low battery.
Resolves voicemail indicator not appearing while using Wi-Fi calling.
Improvements to Wi-Fi Calling
Improvements to camera stability
Resolves signal fluctuation.
Prerequisites
OTA update
Device is running Android version 4.0.3 / Software version 1.53.531.76 710RD
Device software is not rooted
More than 50% battery life
Data connection
350 MB available memory (File size of update is 24.2 MB)

Full details:

Support: Software update: HTC One S

Last edited:
Reactions: Chichi49

venious

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The date keeps changing a bit, so keep your eye on that original T-Mobile doc for the latest details.

Beginning June 4, the HTC One S will begin receiving notifications for software updates. The latest software build will improve software stability and resolve open issues with the device. The new software version is 1.84.531.2 710RD. This update will continue until July 7.

AndroidBlizzard

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Only one important seems to be the improvement to camera stability..

Will this mean that taking pictures will be more stable and video stabilization will work better?

cheyne923

May 24, 2012
Visit site
I will most likely purchase the htc one s again in late June if the update seems successful (returned first one for signal issues).

Those of you with more experience of update roll outs--should I expect a new phone purchase to come with update installed? I would argue for it but wonder if that is the exception or the rule...

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Not always, but what is so hard about pushing the update button or downloading the update prior and then installing when you get the phone?

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I know I am usually impatient... but my phone still says no updates available for your phone and it was released two days ago... has anyone recieved the update yet?

scratch that last remark, I found on another forum stating the release date is june 4th. So ill just wait.... ugh

Last edited:

303kush

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I know I am usually impatient... but my phone still says no updates available for your phone and it was released two days ago... has anyone recieved the update yet?

scratch that last remark, I found on another forum stating the release date is june 4th. So ill just wait.... ugh

Still no update here either.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
bad news guys..... see below

T-Mobile’s previous support doc had indicated that a maintenance update for the HTC One S would begin rolling out this morning, with an optional manual update for anyone not willing to wait for their over-the-air turn. As of 2pm, T-Mobile has updated the support doc and removed the manual download option, leaving only the Over-the-Air update, which will arrive sometime between June 4th and July 7th. There doesn’t seem to be any changes to the content of the update itself, only the delivery method. So, if you’ve checked for the update since this morning, you can stop doing that now.

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Looks like they are rolling this out verrry slowly...between 4-5 forums, I have read of only one person getting the update so far, and that was an indirect report (i.e. someone saying their friend got it).

venious

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Did they really sell that many where they have to throttle the updates anyway? Based on the forum posts, I'd say no.

Sent from my HTC One S on T-Mobile

venious

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I guess they could be rolling it out to like 1 handset per day, waiting on clients to complain about some interaction problem with the 100+ Google Play apps they installed. We've still yet to hear from 1 person that is part of the bake-off though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae