Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: HTC One S (T-Mobile) Software Update

Updated my HTC One S today with the new firmware, saw an instant improvement with the Wifi Calling. I used to see a downward spiral in my battery life, now it's completely plateaued. Good job T-Mobile!

I was disappointed that after getting the update, today was one of those random days where I had terrible battery life. At least for my phone, the update definitely did not resolve this issue.
    Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!

Question Re: HTC One S (T-Mobile) Software Update

Quote Originally Posted by joenorwood77 View Post
    I was disappointed that after getting the update, today was one of those random days where I had terrible battery life. At least for my phone, the update definitely did not resolve this issue.
    No update yet here, but my battery lasts like 30 hours.
    Best smart phone battery I've had yet.

Quote Originally Posted by joenorwood77 View Post
    I find the act of updating will tax the battery, but it should go back to normal or improve after that. I generally am around 50% at the end of a 15-16 hour day. The day of the update I was at around 6% at 15.5 hours when I put it on the charger. The next day I was back at the usual.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    No update yet here, but my battery lasts like 30 hours.
    Best smart phone battery I've had yet.

Go to Settings, then About, and then Software Updates. I was able to update mine manually now.

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

I'm still waiting. Trying to force the update does nothing for me.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts

For anyone still waiting, you should verify that your phone meets these prerequisites:

Device is running Android version 4.0.3 / Software version 1.53.531.76 710RD
    Device software is not rooted
    More than 50% battery life
    Data connection
    350 MB available memory (File size of update is 24.2 MB)

Sent from my HTC One S on T-Mobile

I bought my One S on May 23,2012, the software version is 1.53.531.1671ORD. When I checked the settings>about>software version it said my phone had the latest version.

Is this the new version update?

Have no idea when mine updated but I checked the versions and mine is updated and running just fine

Quote Originally Posted by ozjunkie View Post
    Have no idea when mine updated but I checked the versions and mine is updated and running just fine
    make sure that it really is running on that version. the reason i say this is because when i updated, after the phone was done it did not promt me to download and there was no more notification. when i went and looked at what version i was running it said 1.84.531.2 710RD, but I didnt install it yet. so i was confused. i hit on check for update again and it promted me to install the new update.
    Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!

Got the update a few days ago and I cant tell one thing it did.

I did notice before the update my "contacts" widget would randomly

rename itself "people" and then change itself back, did that a couple times.

I still dont know how or why that happened, its back to "contacts" now.

So an update...for the first week or so after I updated I saw no change in my signal loss/reconnect problem. BUT in the last week or so I have seen my signal stabilize greatly - to normal levels. And when it does drop, it will re-establish itself easily now. So I am quite satisfied with things now. But it makes me wonder whether or not before was actually a bug/conflict of a really common (like Facebook) app rather than the phone software, and an app update fixed things. Or maybe something with T-Mobile's network that has been fixed. Just wondering out loud...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12