HTC One S (T-Mobile) Software Update

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Was successful for me too, am installing now! My guess is that somebody forgot to flick a switch at T-Mobile, and they just checked this morning, lol.

bubbl07

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
How long did it take to verify the package? My phone been verifying for about 1/2 hour now...

update: nvm, just went back into the settings and checked again and it worked.

Last edited:

ZigZagZip00

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Updated my HTC One S today with the new firmware, saw an instant improvement with the Wifi Calling. I used to see a downward spiral in my battery life, now it's completely plateaued. Good job T-Mobile!

joenorwood77

May 26, 2012
Visit site
I was disappointed that after getting the update, today was one of those random days where I had terrible battery life. At least for my phone, the update definitely did not resolve this issue.

going_home

Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!
Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I was disappointed that after getting the update, today was one of those random days where I had terrible battery life. At least for my phone, the update definitely did not resolve this issue.

No update yet here, but my battery lasts like 30 hours.
Best smart phone battery I've had yet.

:eek:

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

I find the act of updating will tax the battery, but it should go back to normal or improve after that. I generally am around 50% at the end of a 15-16 hour day. The day of the update I was at around 6% at 15.5 hours when I put it on the charger. The next day I was back at the usual.

venious

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
For anyone still waiting, you should verify that your phone meets these prerequisites:

Device is running Android version 4.0.3 / Software version 1.53.531.76 710RD
Device software is not rooted
More than 50% battery life
Data connection
350 MB available memory (File size of update is 24.2 MB)

Sent from my HTC One S on T-Mobile

ctgene

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I bought my One S on May 23,2012, the software version is 1.53.531.1671ORD. When I checked the settings>about>software version it said my phone had the latest version.

Is this the new version update?

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Have no idea when mine updated but I checked the versions and mine is updated and running just fine

make sure that it really is running on that version. the reason i say this is because when i updated, after the phone was done it did not promt me to download and there was no more notification. when i went and looked at what version i was running it said 1.84.531.2 710RD, but I didnt install it yet. so i was confused. i hit on check for update again and it promted me to install the new update.

going_home

Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!
Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Got the update a few days ago and I cant tell one thing it did.

I did notice before the update my "contacts" widget would randomly

rename itself "people" and then change itself back, did that a couple times.

I still dont know how or why that happened, its back to "contacts" now.

:confused:

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
So an update...for the first week or so after I updated I saw no change in my signal loss/reconnect problem. BUT in the last week or so I have seen my signal stabilize greatly - to normal levels. And when it does drop, it will re-establish itself easily now. So I am quite satisfied with things now. But it makes me wonder whether or not before was actually a bug/conflict of a really common (like Facebook) app rather than the phone software, and an app update fixed things. Or maybe something with T-Mobile's network that has been fixed. Just wondering out loud...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908