Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 303kush
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    303kush's Avatar

    Posts
    286 Posts
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

    Default Data Usage Warning

    I have a data usage warning in my notification bar, it let's me view the number of messages,calls and how much 4g I've used, but I can't get rid of it! Anyone know how to remove that notification out of my notification bar. Please
    Thanked by:
    Soleah Hood likes this.
  2. #2  
    venious's Avatar

    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    568 Global Posts

    Default

    Go into Usage and move the alert threshold to a higher amount.

    Sent from my HTC One S on T-Mobile
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    303kush's Avatar

    Posts
    286 Posts
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by venious View Post
    Go into Usage and move the alert threshold to a higher amount.

    Sent from my HTC One S on T-Mobile
    The notification still shows up it says its a ongoing notification.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Data Usage Warning

    Quote Originally Posted by 303kush View Post
    The notification still shows up it says its a ongoing notification.
    Change the limit and reboot????
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Data Usage Warning

    Quote Originally Posted by venious View Post
    go into usage and move the alert threshold to a higher amount.

    Sent from my htc one s on t-mobile
    so like that totally worked. Been bothering me all day at work .... Nothing like been able to google for help... Thx
    Thanked by:
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Data Usage Warning

    Quote Originally Posted by 303kush View Post
    I have a data usage warning in my notification bar, it let's me view the number of messages,calls and how much 4g I've used, but I can't get rid of it! Anyone know how to remove that notification out of my notification bar. Please
    I have the same problem too. My Lg Venice had that messaage and internet and everything won't work cause of the message but I still can text and call people.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Data Usage Warning

    Quote Originally Posted by Soleah Hood View Post
    I have the same problem too. My Lg Venice had that messaage and internet and everything won't work cause of the message but I still can text and call people.
    LG is different than HTC. Im not sure where it is... but you should be able to find something about "usage" in your settings. The HTC has a "set data usage limit" with a checkmark... just uncheck it and no more notifications. it still monitors your usage, just doesnt warn you.
    Samsung GS4 GPE | LG Nexus 4 - Sold | GNexus - Sold | HTC One S - Broke | Vibrant - Retired
    Spread some love, Like/Thanks button -->
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Data Usage Warning

    Hi, I have this issue, except I cannot for the life of me get it off my notification bar, it has been on there since the phone's activation.

    I have disabled the "set data usage" feature in the usage settings, as suggested, but that box is still ominously staring at me constantly telling me somethings wrong.

    I've done everything I could even think of. I had an old 2gb micro sd card that I even upgraded to a 32gb micro sd card just to see if for some strange reason that would make the warning message go away (plus I was running out of room).

    My provider is Virgin Mobile, phone is HTC One V with Beats
    Lately it's liked to just randomly skip songs as well. Maybe it's just time for a new phone....


    Any suggestions?
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Data Usage Warning

    Quote Originally Posted by taylerb93 View Post
    Hi, I have this issue, except I cannot for the life of me get it off my notification bar, it has been on there since the phone's activation.

    I have disabled the "set data usage" feature in the usage settings, as suggested, but that box is still ominously staring at me constantly telling me somethings wrong.

    I've done everything I could even think of. I had an old 2gb micro sd card that I even upgraded to a 32gb micro sd card just to see if for some strange reason that would make the warning message go away (plus I was running out of room).

    My provider is Virgin Mobile, phone is HTC One V with Beats
    Lately it's liked to just randomly skip songs as well. Maybe it's just time for a new phone....


    Any suggestions?
    Make sure the Graph right below the "set data cycle" shows 2GB or higher as a warning.... if it doesnt.... simply drag the bar up to the desired limit. And that should fix your problem.
    Samsung GS4 GPE | LG Nexus 4 - Sold | GNexus - Sold | HTC One S - Broke | Vibrant - Retired
    Spread some love, Like/Thanks button -->
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Data Usage Warning

    I just recently received this issue especially since I currently have no wifi at all. I really want to delete this altogether. How can you do that?

    Sent from my LG-LS670 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Data Usage Warning

    Okay, I did that but I still don't know how I'm using over 2 gb already. I've only downloaded 4 things, I've deleted 2 of them but that didn't even make a difference.

Posting Permissions