What is the correct album art size?

agentolive

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Are you asking for wallpaper or for the contacts?

I'd actually like to know what res to use for contacts because the images being pulledf from my gmail account look absolutely horrendous when i view a contact's file. it's quite ridiculous. maybe i haven't played around with the settings enough and there's an easy fix. if anyone knows, please say!

The_Lion

May 4, 2012
Visit site
The pics from Facebook and GMail look good in list mode, but if I open the contact they are bad looking. I have a contact pic that I took with the phone and it looks good in list and in contact view. The pic was taking using the 8M setting (3264x1840) so I guess it BETTER look good! :) I haven't tried this, but what if you transfer the pic to your phones gallery and then verify it looks good and try using it as the contact pic. Afterwards, you can just delete it from the gallery (I think the contact pic would stay).

Edit: Just tried to use a pic from the Gallery and then delete the pic from the Gallery and it still shows on the contact so I guess it will work although I think the "quality" of the image still suffers a bit.

Last edited:

papachan

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
The pics from Facebook and GMail look good in list mode, but if I open the contact they are bad looking. I have a contact pic that I took with the phone and it looks good in list and in contact view. The pic was taking using the 8M setting (3264x1840) so I guess it BETTER look good! :) I haven't tried this, but what if you transfer the pic to your phones gallery and then verify it looks good and try using it as the contact pic. Afterwards, you can just delete it from the gallery (I think the contact pic would stay).

Edit: Just tried to use a pic from the Gallery and then delete the pic from the Gallery and it still shows on the contact so I guess it will work although I think the "quality" of the image still suffers a bit.

Going off on tangent to the OP's question, contact pictures saved via Google (I'm using Outlook (at home) to Google with gSyncIt (3rd party)) look horrible! The solution is to use pictures/photos from the phone itself (loaded, snapped, etc.). They come out fine (even after syncing back and forth to Google)!

I've had issues with Google compressing contact pictures between syncs for YEARS (HTC Evo, HTC Hero). My workaround (in the past) was to create a phone contact with a high resolution picture and linking to the Google contact... Major pain.

With the HTC One S, it doesn't appear that I'll need a phone contact linked picture. I was experimenting with it yesterday and I'm good to go... :)

The_Lion

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I actually have downloaded iTag and it's cover art for the most part is good. Some of my prior images I didn't even notice how bad they were until I read this post! :confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy