Jelly Bean on HTC one S

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I know we just recieved the update, but im ready for Jelly Bean. watching all the cool things come from Google I/O, gets me pumped. I LOVE ANDROID!

I did some research and found this stated from HTC:
"We're excited for Google's unveiling of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean today, but don't yet have an announcement about HTC devices running the new OS version. Stay tuned!"

HTC should be able to get the SDK as part of the developer preview from today, although won?t get the final version until mid-July - so don?t expect it to be soon and let's hope it comes to the HTC One Series shortly.

-- so the good thing is, we will recieve the update. lets just hope it doesnt take forever

himenohogosha

May 5, 2012
Visit site
-- so the good thing is, we will recieve the update. lets just hope it doesnt take forever

It's not 100% clear that One S devices will get a Jelly Bean upgrade. HTC just said they "don't yet have an announcement". Maybe they won't upgrade to Jelly Bean until their next line of HTC Two phones :\

big_time2

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
That's why you always get a Nexus device!

As nice as One S is, I still think getting it was a bad idea instead of just keeping Nexus S.

mlynch01

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
The One X and One S will get Jelly Bean and probably before the Samsung Galaxy S III. It is HTC's flagship line and they a good track record for updating there key devices. They seem to try and get a leg up on Samsung when it comes to how quick they get updates out. It will definitely take time but there is no doubt we will get Jelly Bean eventually.

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums...

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I agree that it will get Jellybean - the One series is their flagship and it's their most up-to-date line already. Won't be til the fall though.

mattpga

May 4, 2012
Visit site
with quite a lot of devices still waiting for ICS it would make good sense to get 4.1 on the flagship phones asap. heres hoping, but i think it will be end of the year anyway

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Since they will receive the stable realease in mid july, my guess is... they will get there developing team right on it creating the sense overlay. then go through the approval process and let it fly. my guess is november just before the new nexus phones get released.

big_time2

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
It will be a sad day if the One series isn't updated to JB then there will be some upset people.

A lot of people will be upset, not just some. I will probably upgrade to the next Nexus device but I'm sure a lot of people will be pissed if One devices don't get upgraded.

going_home

Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!
Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I've been mulling over getting a Galaxy Nexus since it will get Jelly Bean next month.

And that its just dropped in price to $349.99 doesnt hurt either.

And its killing me that the Nexus 7 16MB version is $249.99.

That would be $600 plus shipping, but do I really need a tablet ?

No.

Gotta have Jelly Bean though.

Dont we ?

:'(

big_time2

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
I've been mulling over getting a Galaxy Nexus since it will get Jelly Bean next month.

And that its just dropped in price to $349.99 doesnt hurt either.

And its killing me that the Nexus 7 16MB version is $249.99.

That would be $600 plus shipping, but do I really need a tablet ?

No.

Gotta have Jelly Bean though.

Dont we ?

:'(

I think you will be better off waiting another month or two to get some more leaks about the next Nexus phone.

frettfreak

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I tweeted something about getting jelly bean on my one s with @htc in the tweet and i got a reply from someone that works at HTC in Seattle that said "it will NOT be a year ;)" now couple that with the released info that the JB PDK was already give to the top manufacturers BEFORE the launch of JB, and it gives me a glimmer... nay... a SHRED of hope that we will see some JB love pretty soon.

How awesome would it be if the PDK really got the manufacturers in line so they could start updating phones the day the code for AOSP was dropped.... it IS possible.. albiet not very likely.

Reactions: Ryandroid86

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I noticed after watching the Keynotes from day 1 at google I/O, he said they have been testing 4.1 with a FEW manufactures.... just a hunch.... but I bet it was samsung and HTC. I bet they already have a One S running the beta relaease from Google. Regardless... Ill wait alittle longer for a nice, stable, smooth, glitch free, no bug, release.

John Yu

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I think the One X and One S will def get jelly bean before most devices. HTC is always good with updates, and I don't see why these high-end HTCs can't run Jelly Bean.

dekesask

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I thought that the idea behind consolidating the line was to keep the updates timely and a better user experience. I cannot see how they wouldn't release JB to the one series, I just hope it happens fast and carriers don't get in the way.

AndroidBlizzard

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
There are reports out saying that the HTC One X will get the update in October. Logically, the update should be coming soon after to the HTC One S. They say the T-Mobile Jellybean update should be available sometimes before Christmas.

Sorry guys but I don't have the link, but a few google searches should also provide the same information.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC