Can you unroot phone to not void the warranty

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I am a noob at android.. this is my first one.
I have an HTC one s and I would like to root it but I don't want to void the warrenty.
I have done this with my apple products that were jailbroken and I just restored them and sent them in.
Is there a way to do that with android?

Thanks whatthewaffle

ashish2193

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Yes,the software engineers of htc will know whether your phone was rooted or not....

Sent from my MT11i using Android Central Forums

dekesask

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
There is a way to return to stock by flashing a stock RUU, recovery andregaining S on, I dont recall all the details but as you need to unlock the bootloader through HTC they would have at least that much knowledge. However if the issue the device is being returned for is hardware related they may not care if the phone is rooted. If you head over to the one s xda thread I think there may be a walk through to restore to stock, I could very well be wrong and if thats the case I am sorry :'(

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I noticed in my SuperSU > settings, that says permenantly unroot your phone..... so i assume if you restore to default (the backup right after you rooted) and then click unroot in SuperSU and see what happens. I have not done this because I dont want to unroot at the moment.