Micro USB Cables - Some Will Not Plug In To One S's USB Port

pochimu

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Not an issue with the One S, but a "piece information" that may help other users.

When I need to plug my smartphone into a PC's USB port, instead of having to unplug the USB cable from the
One S's charger, plug it into a PC USB port, do a sync, or ..., then unplug from the PC and
plug back in to the charger; I keep a micro USB cable plugged into my PC all of the time to plug into the phone.
and other devices that have micro USB connectors.

Worked fine on my previous phone - T-Mobile Mytouch 3G - but on my recently acquired One S, the "from the PC"
connector will not plug in to the One S USB port. It fits into the beginning of the phone's USB connector, but will
not slide all of the way in, therefore a connection is not made.

Finally figured out why. The MyTouch USB port is almost flush with the edge of its case. The One S USB port
is recessed into the case.

The "holder" of the connecter on the micro USB cables I had purchased from a local store are about 3/32 inch
thicker than the holder that comes with the One S's cable. This larger form factor butts up against the phone's
case and prevents the connector from going all of the way into the phone's USB port.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza