Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy E:Can't mount /sdcard/ and backup roms not working

I have searched for my issue and have yet to fix it. After installing a ROM, i think it was the cyan9 mod, I went to restart the device and only the bottom lit up. I tried restarting it into boot loader mode to maybe reflash the rom, it gave me an error saying, E:Can't mount /sdcard/, ive tried reinstalling recovery and CWM but same issue, and my backed up rom is loading either. I can get into bootloader and fastboot but dont know how to fix my issue. Any help?!

Default Re: E:Can't mount /sdcard/ and backup roms not working

you need to launch fastboot (Im using an entire tool kit including the fast boot from XDA) and wipe everything. then reflash a new recovery (im using TWRP) and then Flash what ROM you want. I just hope you have all the Drivers needed.

if all done properly it should work just fine. Try a different ROM other than CM9, the md5 in your download could be currupt. Im using Trickdroid (TMO)

Good luck
    Samsung GS4 GPE | LG Nexus 4 - Sold | GNexus - Sold | HTC One S - Broke | Vibrant - Retired
    Spread some love, Like/Thanks button -->

Default Re: E:Can't mount /sdcard/ and backup roms not working HELP

Hi Ryandroid86 I don't understand what u mean by wipe everything, I have the same problem but i cant do a factory reset and i cant wipe any partition cause i cant mount any partition can you please give a more detailed instructions. im only 12 i need help b4 i get in trouble

tehtmb dude try this it works https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

Android Revolution HD | Mobile Device Technologies: How to: Fix a corrupted DATA partition on the HTC One

Got my sd card back in the game after hours of trying other "fixes"