Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default No sound or ringtone sound from speaker

OK. Here is how I accidentally fixed this issue on my HTC One S: At teh same time, press the volume down button AND the power button briefly. This got my sound going again after a frustrating day. Good luck!!
    Thanked by 2:

Default Re: No sound or ringtone sound from speaker

If it happens again try an app named SoundAbout.

I had the same problem. When I listen music the sound stop for a moment. that is was a little problem but some days ago my notification did not worked . I made factory reset . after some time the same problem( no sound ). I made a hard format and a factory reset. A day later the same problem. I flashed another Rom . The same problem. I tried a new Rom. this morning the sound had some lags to. I uninstalled a lot of apps, and nothing . After that I uninstalled Advanced Task Killer and boom !!! My sound run normal no crash , no end, no problem. I hope is ok ! . Now I just listen music to see if the problem is fixed . If something is happening I will post again , if not ( I hope ) this is the solution !!!
    P.S. my phone is Htc one X international version

life saver!!! thanks

press the volume down button AND the power button briefly.
    Oh my god this helped also on the Samsung Galaxy S 3!! Thank you very much! You saved my phone and the door where i almost wanted to smash it

Don't know if I should laugh or cry.

My son has the same problem on his HOX and while trying to download "soundabout" I noticed he had it installed...
    So instead of installing or upgrading it, I simply removed this app you recommended and his speaker works perfectly fine now!!!

Well, thanks for mentioning this app in your post then ;-)

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by onelpeleg View Post
    Don't know if I should laugh or cry.

My son has the same problem on his HOX and while trying to download "soundabout" I noticed he had it installed...
    So instead of installing or upgrading it, I simply removed this app you recommended and his speaker works perfectly fine now!!!

Well, thanks for mentioning this app in your post then ;-)

Oh, the irony. :P
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

On my HTC M8 there is sound from my speakers for about 2 seconds then it stops? I restart it and the same problem?

I have the same problem, but simple reboot help me